Ameriflight Caribbean Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Way2Broke

Does anyone know where Ameriflight bases their pilots in the Caribbean?
Is there any increase in pay to fly out of the Caribbean?
What planes do they have based here?
What kind of schedule can I expect?
Is most of the flying during the day or night?
Is it true that Ameriflight is CASS? I am planning on commuting from one of the smaller Virgin Islands.
Is Ameriflight considered scheduled or on demand?
How long is the training, and where is it done?
Are you paid and put up during training?

Thanks for all the info!

Last edited:
Way2Broke said:
Does anyone know where Ameriflight bases their pilots in the Caribbean?
Is there any increase in pay to fly out of the Caribbean?
What planes do they have based here?
What kind of schedule can I expect?
Is most of the flying during the day or night?
Is it true that Ameriflight is CASS? I am planning on commuting from one of the smaller Virgin Islands.
Is Ameriflight considered scheduled or on demand?
How long is the training, and where is it done?
Are you paid and put up during training?

Thanks for all the info!

1. puerto rico
2. not that i'm aware of.
3. 1900's, metro's, and 99's.
4. not sure out there.
5. rumor is we have cass, but i'm still not sure about that.
6. on demand.
7. depends on the aircraft. 1 week indoc, 1-2 weeks of ground, and a couple of weeks of line training is the norm. indoc is in burbank. most of the training is handled in burbank, seattle, and ontarrio, but it does happen system wide as well.
8. your hotel stay is paid for. you start earning training pay once you pass indoc. it's not much, but it's something.

hope that helps.

Are you guys happy that you went to Ameristar? Is it a good place to stick around at? I am not in the market for another time building job. What cargo do they fly in the Caribbean? Any input on the schedule would be great! Thanks as always!

Way2Broke said:
Are you guys happy that you went to Ameristar?
Ameristar or Ameriflight? There's also Amerijet. :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Most of the freight out of SJU is for UPS, but I believe there are a few exceptions.

I'm not 100% sure about the runs, but I remember hearing most of them are 9-10am departures out of SJU, with a 4-6hr layover.....then a 4-5pm departure back to SJU in the evening. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
haha, friend of mine works at Ameristar... I needed a good laugh. I wonder if anyone has ever done that during a interview. I'm glad that I did not go into public speaking! Where is a rock, I need somewhere to hide. :laugh: I'm not even going to go back and edit it, it was too funny.

I jumpseated this weekend and was on CASS as well, but that's only with Southwest. Not sure what kind of luck you'd have with the Caribbean operators.

I think the San Juan based pilots get 3 weeks of vacation starting with day ONE.

And I have seen the published runs and times, but I dont' have them in front of me. I don't think there are any with long layovers, mostly out and back. 9am-ish to 7pm-ish. Maybe one or two hour turns at each stop, plus with 2-4 hour legs, so that leaves little time to enjoy a layover.

That Video

Sorry, but I have no answers to your question. I just wanted to say thank you for that video of the "bedfart". That is one of the funniest videos I've ever seen.

Good luck with the caribbean. That would be awesome.

What is the name of the company that flies out of Puerto Rico with DC-3s? Also, any info on them? Thnaks...

Latest resources

Back