• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America's newest frequent flyer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did he call you out on forgetting to do the magneto check as well?

We actually did get a complaint from a passenger about that. The pilot said we were "careless and reckless" for neglecting the magneto check before takeoff. These people should not be allowed to operate motor vehicles...

I used to like private pilots until I spent a few years in the D model with the doors open.

Anyone else think "Sawhill" is just an alias for some upper mgmt. guy at American? These guys troll all the boards nowadays.

Do any of you Einsteins realize that this guy is right about pilots bitching in front of the customers?

If you bitch (and, true, that is our God-given right as pilots, eh?), do so in private!

I admit that he's a bit righteous about writing the bosses about your crappy attitude, but the solution is simple. Don't air your dirty laundry in public...they're paying your salary, and they don't want to hear it.

It's not too much to ask of a professional.

Don't air your dirty laundry in public...they're paying your salary, and they don't want to hear it. .

My employer pays my salary, negotiated by my union. My employer derives its income from passenger revenue (overwhelmingly business class) and cargo revenue. The flying public does not "pay my salary." If they did, I'd be asking each and every one of them for a raise as I walked through the terminal.

I am a Bank of America customer. Do I pay BofA's CEO salary? If so, I want a refund.

I got this story second-hand:

A female Jetstream FO boarded the pax, shut the door, did a quick "welcome aboard" and went up and took her station. About a week later she got a call from the CP about a passenger complaint.

One of the pax had written a nasty-gram to the company fussing that the stewardess didn't even give him a drink. She just shut the door then went up front and talked to the pilot for the whole flight.

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

However, I do agree with PsubS. Not for public consumption.

Whatever. I don't even care if it's true.

Latest resources

Back