Self employed businessman
Attorney
Realtor
Pool boy
Pizza boy
Zit popper at a dermatologist
Then
American/united/delta

Movement will be back, but I flat out think it sucks your soul to work at those places-
That said, for the lurkers, im no hater- i just decided i couldnt give my life to those outfits- The money will return and movement will be steady to fast (better than at swa for sure) and that is good-
I echo the sentiments: aggressively pursue all 3 - and stay w/ who hires you first-
Chase bases or the current contract or any other short term motivation and I guarantee those will change over time-

Good luck- all of us have earned better than the 2000's generally gave us

Question- Do any of theses professions require a type to be competitive ?

Question- Do any of theses professions require a type to be competitive ?

Nah, just southwest. Everybody else will train you.

I mean you don't even have to be a sellout d-----bag to pass your probation checkride at delta- they'll train you over time for that. Just try and make sure you're at full dbag before you get to a wide body and you'll be fine- at Delia's expense of course;)

Lighten up y'all-

I just find the thread funny considering the last 12 years
But the great thing is you're right! It'll be United American Delta once again-

Try and get in at the beginning of the wave-. If you do, and it'll be a long wave... You should have a sweet ride.

Good luck to all-
I'm getting my digs in just bc of the outsourcing thing, but I sincerely wish everyone on here the best of luck and hope that we can make this career what it should be:)

holly sh!t is it 1999?

Agreed. This is the only thing I've read in this thread that made me giggle.

I can remember being a commuter puke back then and remember my '99 dream sheet:

UAL
DAL
AMR
NWA
CAL
FDX
UPS
SWA
US Air
AWA

Then 9/11/2001 came and ******************** loads of pay and work rule concessions followed.

I recall my revised, 2003 + Dream Sheet

FDX
CAL
SWA
UPS
ATA
JetBlue
AirTran

Wasn't sure the other outfits would ever hire again before I was 40.

Ended up at FDX which at the time made me pretty happy. But when UAVs come out I guess I'll be one of those old, bald, hunched over high-water wearing mother ****ers applying to UAL/AMR/DAL again.

Actually, hopefully when UAVs come out, I've got enough $$$ stashed away to live in The PI and/or Thailand. Which, is where I'm off to right now. Vacation time!

Last edited:
Long time ago man. :)

I let outsourcing get to me
I'll bow out and stop hatin'
enjoy the movement - it's long overdue and well deserved
Sincerely

A nicely written sentiment from Wave. GL- how 'bout you return to your commitment of a "kindler, gentler GL" so we can have some decent debates without the ridiculous smackdowns?

Regards,
Fr8-

A nicely written sentiment from Wave. GL- how 'bout you return to your commitment of a "kindler, gentler GL" so we can have some decent debates without the ridiculous smackdowns?

Regards,
Fr8-

I have no problem with that at all. I welcome it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Long time ago man. :)

I let outsourcing get to me
I'll bow out and stop hatin'
enjoy the movement - it's long overdue and well deserved
Sincerely

All this from a guy who hitched his experience wagon to the very same outsourcing body who gave him his experience to buy his type and then apply to SWA....

Nice Work Wave....you aren't Paul Revere.....you the turd his horse left behind when he started his ride.......

Blah blah blah-
Why are you on here making things up about me, when you could be selling out some more.

(You see billy likes to make things up about the pilots he sold out, so he can justify having done it)

I was very well qualified for SWA when I flew the RJ thank you- but you know that.

Yeah Wave,

You just hung out at DCI for years because you didn't feel the the time was right to buy your type rating?

Yeah yeah.....mmmmkayyyy....sure

Latest resources

Back