• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American orders 787

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Screw the 787. They have a contingency that the orders may get cancelled if they don't settle a contract with the pilots first. Can you say "dangling carrot?"

We will not subsidize a new aircraft at AA. If they want it bad enough they will get it. Until then, FUPM, and we want our money back!!

42 firm and 58 options. That's A LOT of lift. Book value of upwards of 8B dollars. Stand firm guys, they obviously can afford to pay what you're asking for.

Interesting. I thought I just read an article saying the first 787 wouldn't be delivered until 2010 at the earliest, despite what Boeing is claiming.

If true, it's going to be a LONG time before AMR sees one.

AMR has some kind of preferential nifty deal with Boeing that gives them something like a 15 month delivery from time of signing. Obviously that's not the case here, since it hasn't flown yet, but if they say they'll deliver in 2012, that's when it'll happen.

That said... it's all contingent on the pilots' contract. And like I said above, we don't give a RAT'S ASS about 787s until we get a contract we deserve. So they can take their "contingency plan" and cancel orders all they want. If they need a new airplane that badly, they will get it - but not at our cost!

Latest resources

Back