• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American in the news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FAR 25.841 (b)(6) Warning indication at the pilot or flight engineer station to indicate when the safe or preset pressure differential and cabin pressure altitude limits are exceeded. Appropriate warning markings on the cabin pressure differential indicator meet the warning requirement for pressure differential limits and an aural or visual signal (in addition to cabin altitude indicating means) meets the warning requirement for cabin pressure altitude limits if it warns the flight crew when the cabin pressure altitude exceeds 10,000 feet.

One of the problems of the certification process is each FSDO has their own interpretation of the FAR's. The airplane I fly has a nice lady saying "CABIN, CABIN..." if you you exceed 10,000 ft CA. This airplane appears to have a horn that can be confused with other system malfunctions. Dumb.

Older Boeing designs use an intermittent horn. Same sound for T/O config.

Seems like we are back at the dilemma that Boeing is in with the 737. The orginal design is almost 50 years old, and the basic airplane has not changed a whole lot!! For dinosaur airlines like SWA, they don't want Boeing to make major changes to the current airplane and they surely don't want a new typed airplane!

So for the rest of the airline industry and Boeing who long for an updated
short to medium range modern airliner we'll have to continue to wait!

I'm convinced if Boeing could produce a short to medium range version of the 787, composite, fuel efficient and capable of hauling 150-200 folks, that would be a game changer!!

Seems like we are back at the dilemma that Boeing is in with the 737. The orginal design is almost 50 years old, and the basic airplane has not changed a whole lot!! For dinosaur airlines like SWA, they don't want Boeing to make major changes to the current airplane and they surely don't want a new typed airplane!

So for the rest of the airline industry and Boeing who long for an updated
short to medium range modern airliner we'll have to continue to wait!

I'm convinced if Boeing could produce a short to medium range version of the 787, composite, fuel efficient and capable of hauling 150-200 folks, that would be a game changer!!

It would be easy to add a "CABIN" light on the overhead, like the B757, tied to the MASTER CAUTION system leave the horn alone. Might be a good idea to put a "T/O CONFIG" light or caption somewhere, too.

Except for missing the airport TWICE.

Weak Dicks

The laymen in the media can be somewhat excused for these ignorant mis-characterization...a pilot making these ridicules comments....well...I guess your last comment describes you best.

They asked for 2 360's to bleed off some energy. They were cleared for the first one and the controller couldn't work out the 2nd one so he gave them an alternative clearence. The airplane landed standing up with nobody hurt...sounds like a good job to me.

As far as this crew being confused, they stated very early on that they had a pressurization problem. No confusion.

As far as not feeling the airflow, you still have lots of airflow and airflow noise just from the recircs being on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back