American Flyers Online CFI Renewal Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sweptback said:
Actually, unless something changed, just open another browser window when you take the test, and leave the instructional material open. You can search all day with no problems then.

Nice, I'll have to try that when mine comes due. I guess I just assumed that it wouldn't let you do that.

Just to clarify;

You CAN go back and search while taking the test, you can open a second window, or you can use one window; once you are allowed to "open" the test you can go back and forth as you please. You will want to use the AFs' internal search function so that you can find the correct answers within their text. (Which is what their questions are based upon)

As for the Gleim's, I have to agree they are the fastest and easiest way to study for any test, but the one advantage of the American Flyers is that it is CHEAP! ;you pay the fee once for life, and if you are planning on renewing for life that it is a pretty good deal. I've done it twice now using AF, and while it is deffinitely boring material, if you just let the timer count down and then use the search function method it can be done relatively painlessly.

The lifetime members will be out of luck when the old man running the show retires at American Flyers. Unless the new owners live up to D.H.'s empty promises.

Yeah, I wonder how long they will continue the program, but so far it has cost me $150 for two renewals, so I am already ahead.

Makesheepnervus said:
Just to clarify;

You CAN go back and search while taking the test, you can open a second window, or you can use one window; once you are allowed to "open" the test you can go back and forth as you please. You will want to use the AFs' internal search function so that you can find the correct answers within their text. (Which is what their questions are based upon)
Signed up today. Works just as described above. Have already completed 2 sections.

Thanks!

CE

I recently did AOPAs weekend FIRC ....it's easier than doing it online, and sometimes interesting, but the bad thing is that you have to dedicate a weekend to do it.
But I would do it again...it wasn't as boring as I thought it would be.

All done

I let the timer run while I slept and while I was at the gym.

Finished in 2 days and got my temporary from the FSDO yesterday.

Very painless and nice to know I won't have to pay again in the future.

CE

Dustin H said:
Sorry for the confusion, I wrote that way too early this morning.

I was answering your question

“can you search for the answers as you’re taking the exam”

The program will not let you search through the tutorial while you are taking the exam; however it can't stop you from doing an internet search to get your answers.
Sure you can, just open up a new browser.:beer:

Latest resources

Back