American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cuban B. said:
I have read the gouge, but still have some questions. Perhaps someone could give me some more info on this flight time grid and what it is all about. Also, how much wind do they give you in the sim or does it just depend on how much taco bell we have all had? Also, (and here is a good one,) would it compromise my chances if I wore a gray suit to the interview? Thanks for the help.

CY

The whole interview was a sinch. If you have a clean record, unbroken emplyment history, and you have really been striving for professionalism in your flying, you won't have any problems. The sim can be a daunting task if you've never flown a 707 (who has?) But the instructor is in the right seat setting power settings (if/when you think to ask). They want to see you delegate in order to make the daunting task easier for yourself. Just listen to EVERYTHING the instructor tells you. They will have to take off, track a radial talk about, but probably not enter a hold, then vectors to final for an ILS at LAX. They've been doing it the same way for years. Tell the instructor to set power, they will tell you even what pitch attitude works. You might go around and do it again (my guess this is for those who struggled), I only landed from the first attempt and was told I was chosen for employment right away.(I had already done to 20 q. ATP test which is also easy) If you go through the q/a of the ATP twice, you'll get a 90-100% on the test. That should only take you a day to prepare for. No, performance problems, no math problems. Don't waste your time studying those.

I have interviewed for easier jobs with lower standards and done worse just for pure nervousness. The folks at Eagle made it easy, relaxed and fun. You'll do great.

J_D

I think the sim is now on the Saab340.

Here is a brief rundown of my sim session for the interview...

"Do you know what a sky pointer is?"
Yeah, sure.
"OK, let's begin. Turn left to heading 200."
Hey, why is this attitude indicator pointing the wrong way?

First, thanks to all for the advice. Now to open can o' worms. But perhaps not. Takeoff mins depend on the Ops Specs of the carrier and an alternate is required within an hour if conditions are below mins for an approach at the takeoff airport? Perhaps someone could explain that a little bit more for someone coming from the underworld of part 91? I have read in the gouges that that is something I will be required to know. Much obliged.

CY

RJET said:
Well, keep in mind that AA should called senior AE pilots that have #'s over before they call back some of the flowbacks. if not I see a lot grievances filed from the senior or every FO because the sooner those pilots with AA #'s go the sooner fo will upgrade and have the flowbacks on reserve.

The FB's will be the first called back. The FT's can only be given a job at AA when a "newhire" class is available. That will happen after all the furloughees have either bypassed or accepted recall.

Plus, no one knows what will happen when Sup. W expires. Except that it won't be renewed...

On the recall outlook at AA: Even though AA is operating with razor-thin (or less) staffing, the union knows the company will come at them with pref bidding and other productivity enhancements. APA has vowed no change to work rules that would generate more furloughs. That does nothing for those on the street or in AE cockpits.

Hopefully everything at AA will turn around and help all of us.TC

E170Guppykiller said:
Brush up on flying a sky pointer, those things are dang confusing!

Surely, you can't be serious.

AA717driver said:
The FB's will be the first called back. The FT's can only be given a job at AA when a "newhire" class is available. That will happen after all the furloughees have either bypassed or accepted recall.

Plus, no one knows what will happen when Sup. W expires. Except that it won't be renewed...

On the recall outlook at AA: Even though AA is operating with razor-thin (or less) staffing, the union knows the company will come at them with pref bidding and other productivity enhancements. APA has vowed no change to work rules that would generate more furloughs. That does nothing for those on the street or in AE cockpits.

Hopefully everything at AA will turn around and help all of us.TC

TC- hope you are right.

You gonna come back, or is that Gulfstream gig a better deal?

Latest resources

Back