• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LGA is in a weird situation with JFK starting some Eagle operations.

No current hiring into the EMJ up there, seeing as that's the only plane in the NorthEast. Hard to say. However, it's been almost a year since anyone had the option of moving up there, or newbies being sent there. Maybe it'll happen soon.

Callout anywhere for Eagle is 2 hours.

LearLove said:
Just for my info, say I get the F word in a few weeks and apply to AE, interview in late OCT and get a class for Nov, are there any AE guys out there that can tell me my chances of getting LGA.

Basically what are my chances of LGA and how is it in terms of line holding for FOs? Also what is the reserve call out in LGA.

Thanks

learlove,

not to put all your eggs in one basket but you might also try Air Whiskey out of PHL or Coex out of EWR. Coex has an extended call out reserve, I dunno about Air Whiskey.

what's the deal w/ the merger? are you MDA guys going to be frozen out?

taters said:
Do you know what a sky pointer is??? They will put you on an old 707 sim . Man I used to work ramp at Eagle, ORD is a F**** bottleneck but other than that I agree with Labatts the second something good happens at AA ,Eagle is going to be the place to be as well as the place alot of guys wish they would have stuck with....my rec dont be afraid of props (quicker upgrade) but hell a second year fo makes $$ thats alot better than some of the other bottom feeders...

1. The big question is when will AA begin recalling. AA has has close to 3000 pilots on furlough. At peak hiring, AA was hiring 100 a month. That would mean it will take at least 30 months even if they started recalling tomorrow.

2. About 5 of us that use to hang out together as new hires (1999)...only one is still at Eagle, he is still an FO (has never been able to hold CA), the rest of us have since left, upgraded, and 2 of us hold lines as captains at other regionals. I don't belive that many FO's that have left Eagle will be looking back. I know I won't.

If you have limited experience and Eagle hires you, go for it, you have nothing to loose. If you have some experience there are airlines with much more promising futures.
Later

igneousy2 said:
1. The big question is when will AA begin recalling. AA has has close to 3000 pilots on furlough. At peak hiring, AA was hiring 100 a month. That would mean it will take at least 30 months even if they started recalling tomorrow.

That is assuming everyone accepts recall. I'd wager it's roughly 2/3 that will. Quite a few have moved on. So that narrows it to 2000. Of those, every single flowback at AE will accept, thus creating a huge vacuum of captain slots. AA is already running razor thin, and looking at 500 retirements in the next year.

Granted, I'm an optomist, but regardless of that fact, AA is going to need a lot of people soon barring any catastrophe.

Well, keep in mind that AA should called senior AE pilots that have #'s over before they call back some of the flowbacks. if not I see a lot grievances filed from the senior or every FO because the sooner those pilots with AA #'s go the sooner fo will upgrade and have the flowbacks on reserve.

3blade said:
You should always choose your airline by who has the best paint job, since eagle has one of the ugliest, I'd say go somewhere else.

Are you a Female pilot?

What I mean is, colors mean more to women than men. In fact, it is proven than women can recognize more colors than their male counter parts. So, I ask because, I am curious if this is true, and if so, does the colors of an airliner really matter when chosing an airline to work for. Whether you're a female pilot or not, picking an airline by the color it paints its planes is really dumb. This would be a good list the make your decison by:
QOL, Aircraft of choice, domocile, job security (look at AW, ASA, FLYi, COMAIR, need I say more) payscale.... I digress.

3blade, you're an idiot.

Last Eagle new hire class August 29th was the bid day

Breakdown:
1 ORD CRJ
6 ORD EMB
3 SJU ATR
4 LAX Saab

(if memory serves)

Jet_Driver said:
Are you a Female pilot?

What I mean is, colors mean more to women than men. In fact, it is proven than women can recognize more colors than their male counter parts. So, I ask because, I am curious if this is true, and if so, does the colors of an airliner really matter when chosing an airline to work for. Whether you're a female pilot or not, picking an airline by the color it paints its planes is really dumb. This would be a good list the make your decison by:
QOL, Aircraft of choice, domocile, job security (look at AW, ASA, FLYi, COMAIR, need I say more) payscale.... I digress.

3blade, you're an idiot.

Actually the way this industry runs you may be better off using the paint job to pick an airline to work for. Todays airline with good pay/bennys and fast upgrade is tomorrows bottom feeder at more than one time in past airline history.

I have read the gouge, but still have some questions. Perhaps someone could give me some more info on this flight time grid and what it is all about. Also, how much wind do they give you in the sim or does it just depend on how much taco bell we have all had? Also, (and here is a good one,) would it compromise my chances if I wore a gray suit to the interview? Thanks for the help.

CY

Latest resources

Back