• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Watch the 3Q AMR results next week, this will tell us how things are going with AMR. They may need the money they may not? What would a sale do for us Eagle pilots, I dont know. But I welcome one. Alot of senior guys dont wnat it because they may loose there D2 passes, but look at saber they got 7 years of D2 passes. I think to many AA people depend on getting to work on Eagle, so this should'nt be a problem. Either way big changes are on the way at Eagle. they may be good they may be bad.

Dec class

There is a furlouged pilot in our hiring pool and the pilot called and said Eagle had contacted him for a Dec class, ATR out of San Juan. He has to be at the absolute bottom of the recall list, new hire class date Aug 01. I won't say he begged to be in our next class, but he indicated it would be much happier flying cargo in a DA-20 at 33K per year and toads in an ATR at 18K per year.

Unofficial Eagle company creed: Fire, Aim, Ready?!!!

Official point-of-view from an insider:
Morale is at an unprecedented low, with the continuing saga of the AA flushback prospects and the ever present cat fights between AMR mgt. and ALPA result in more plot twists than a weekly dosage of "all my children".

The real scoop is this, so many are bailing because of no real hope of getting out of the right seat in less time than it would take to conceive, and raise a 10 yr. old. There were something like 240 total furloughs of which less than half have answered the call.

Sure we are getting something like 3 EMBs & 1 CRJ/month, plus introducing said CRJs in ORD around Jan 04. So on the outside-looking-in things look "swell". Just remember to not get your expectations up too high, because even when things were rosy everywhere else, here they were not! Come here to get a bit more experience flying with some good people then do what most of us want and should and BAIL!

Sorry to sound so pessimistic, but I needed to vent

Eagle should be your last chioce....period.

I have been here 4 years now and can just barely hold a reserve/composite line on the ERJ at DFW and can't hold LAX. The most junior prop CA has at least 5 yrs, if not a little more - that is SJU ATR. The most junior RJ CA is about 9.5 years and he is being displaced by flowback. No upgrades for a while for the FO's. They are not even backfilling the prop CA as they leave to the jet.

A recent union poll rated the moral to be terrible by 96% of the pilots. Happyness is not something you will find at Eagle - ever.

amen! munga

I have been at egret for 3 yrs currently SF3 FO DFW...trying to get back to the EMJ or any jet in DFW for that matter.
I gave up the prospect of ever making the left seat here about a year ago, now I just go with baby-step, sized goals such as holding a line on the jet. Nice to know I still have over a year to make even that one!
Now I just bid reserve to stay away from the crappy lines burning myself out flying little and being gone alot! My goal now is to fly as little as possible.
I spend alot of time at home depot nowadays. I actually thought about quitting and applying there; would make about the same, if not more!
For those of you that are still remotely interested in this place, TAKE HEED and PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back