• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle is hiring again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sure can tell who the losers are by the comments. You should be so lucky to get a chance just to apply. Who said that you had to stay with Am Eagle. You would be flying a line and building up valuable flight time and get paid to do it. $20 plus/hr is better than what you make flipping burgers. What's wrong, too lazy to get off of your fat ###, or is your significant other making too much support money?

There is nothing wrong with Am Eagle. Other regionals have their problems too. People gripe about Mesa, ACA, ASA, Con-Express, Comair, etc. So what is your problem?

"or 500/100 for aviation university graduates with a letter of rec. from the dean.........."

Do these guys have to enter a pin # into their TCAS software so other aircraft can keep their distance?

How many College Deans watched these guys make a call at 2:45 am regarding a maintenance item go/no-go decison in crappy WX, while company managers or shippers were beating them up.

I wish them luck in building time. I've been there too but 500/100 isn't enough on average.

Do these guys have to enter a pin # into their TCAS software so other aircraft can keep their distance?

LMAO :D - I would not doubt it, surely the captain will have atleast one or two bibles up front and may even request a priest onboard most flights.

500 & 100? What a fuc$in complete joke.

3 5 0

Hagar17,

what happened to your post? i though it was right on the mark. did you delete it or was it censored? what's going on?

I deleted it, dude. I just don't have the energy to engage in battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Bridge program

Interned with AA ORD in 2000. When I was there the big draw was that you didn't compete against the general hiring pool. Instead, there was a second pool just for interns. Never applied (didn't have the times) so I'm not sure if this is true. Anyone ever heard of this and know if it's still in place? Commited to another 8 months with my current job but thought I'd ask.

Dutch

Dutch, I don't know what the exact agreement is for former interns, but I think it's just a handshake type agreement. I interned in Fall 2001 and was just in Lisa's office the other day to hand in my app to her. She has a stack of about 10-15 apps from former interns that she is walking over to Claudette.

Hi!

The reason that a lot of Eagle (and other lower-paying and less desirable airlines) pilots don't come back is that they find jobs that they like better, or just as much, and they don't want to change.

The better the flying job, the more pilots that come back. I met one guy a few months ago that was furloughed from Eagle as an FO. He was flying a DC-9 as an FO. I don't know if he came back, but if he thought the Eagle job was better, I'm sure he went back to Eagle.

It's the same in a pool. A lot of guys in a pool, don't come out as they've found other jobs. Guys in pools for great jobs like SWA, generally swim until they get on with the carrier.

Cliff
MKE
PS-When I was looking for a flying job, I tried to get an interview with Eagle. They called me, but they didn't interview me as I wasn't in a flying job at the time.

I met a guy a few days back who declined because he now gets better schedule and pay to fly charter and doesn't have to deal with relocating to San Juan to get back his airline job.

Latest resources

Back