• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle is hiring again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This may be a long shot, but how about candidates that were hired just prior to 9/11, then got the letter hiring was suspended before a class date could be issued ?

Aviation University????????

Define Aviation University.....

Is it like CommAir Academy

Or would Purdue, Ohio University etc. be considered?

CFI'er said:
$20 plus/hr is better than what you make flipping burgers.

Not quite so...

I was just in an In-and-Out Burger and saw a sign that they were hiring. Starting pay is $10/hr. If you are a full-time worker (40hrs per week) you will make $20,800 for your first year.

A pilot starting at $20/hr with a 75hr per month guarantee will make $18,000 for his/her first year. I know that you get per-diem and get more days off, but if you figure in a commute and crashpad, you'd most definitely make more flippin' burgers!

Sad, but true.

GP

>>>>I was just in an In-and-Out Burger and saw a sign that they were hiring. Starting pay is $10/hr. If you are a full-time worker (40hrs per week) you will make $20,800 for your first year.

A pilot starting at $20/hr with a 75hr per month guarantee will make $18,000 for his/her first year. I know that you get per-diem and get more days off, but if you figure in a commute and crashpad, you'd most definitely make more flippin' burgers!

Sad, but true.<<<<<<

I would much rather make $18,000 flying an RJ or an ATR or even a C152 for that matter than making even $30,000 as a manager at an In and Out Burger. But thats just me, what do I know

Any eagle guys out there got any insight on schedules/days off?
Believe it or not I'm only interested in that SJU base because it's close to home.

Reserve pilots almost always get just 10 days off a month, and they've been flying a lot recently. The reserve lines are five days on- two off, with one block of four days in a row off per the contract.
The regular lines vary between 10 days and 15-16 days off. There's no telling how long new hires will be on reserve right now. A lot depends on what equipment and base you get, and how many people we hire after you.

SJU usually goes most junior in the new hire classes. People usually either want to be based there or nowhere, or they don't want to go there no matter what. Someone who's based there would be better able to answer your questions about the flying there.

I can confirm that they are hiring from a university with 500/100. A guy from the university I am attending just got hired with american eagle. Times are looking better. Slowly but surely!!

I'm an aviation major at the University of Oklahoma. We have a bridge program with American Eagle. An instructor recently got hired with American Eagle with something like 105 multi hours. I don't know if the 500/100 applies to just us or all universities.

Latest resources

Back