• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle is hiring again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Used to be LAX was very senior, probably still is. Junior bases are/were : San Juan (SJU), BOS, LGA, ORD. DFW was fairly senior when I was there. MIA is probably very senior since the ATR only operates out of SJU and MIA. Folks cannot wait to leave the 'Rock', after their seat lock expires.

Perhaps someone who still works there can post more current info. When I was there Boston still had Saabs and JFK was still a base (Saab).

SJU is definitely the bottom, but the company just had a cattle call on Monday for pilots in SJU. I'm sure they want to hire Puerto Ricans hoping they will stay instead of having the revolving door. Things may change.

Recalls are going to both LAX and DFW in the Saab so they're both about equal for the bottom guys. Several FOs are transferring from DFW to LAX the next couple of months to bid back for training so LAX may be more senior right now.

Some recalls got LGA ERJ. So I guess thats the bottom for the jet.

Can anyone tell me who should a cover letter be adressed? The only thing that I could find was Ed Criner, is he still chief pilot?

Thanks.

Thanks for the heads-up. Do you know if Eagle still considers the Airline Training Academy bridge program valid? My fingers are crossed...

When I left SJU, some of the lines were commutable and some weren't. The trips were generally bad. Most had 6 legs a day, everyday, 14 hr duty days, and 8-9 hour overnights. Last I heard, the staffing there was so bad, there were no inprovements in sight. MIA is much more senior, for both CA and FO. The trips were better than SJU, but there weren't many lines.

Afixedwing said:
American Eagles's site:
www.americaneaglecareers.com
doesn't have a link for pilot hiring information. If they are accepting resumes, where do you send them?

At the moment, they still don't have any pilot info on that site. Wonder why. At any rate, send your stuff to:

Claudette Carroll
AEA Pilot Recruitment
P.O. Box 619416 MD 4147
DFW Airport, TX 75261-9415

fax: 817-963-9415

And yes, they say some bridge programs are still in effect. The mins are 1500TT & 300ME UNLESS you are from a bridge program. How many they will actually take via this route is subject to much conjecture. To get the AE scoop, you should visit:

Eaglelounge.com

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back