• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle is hiring again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just got a letter in the mail today inviting me back to continue the hiring process with Eagle. (Not sure exactly what that will involve though).
Prior 9/11, I was scheduled for a November 01 class.

I faxed my stuff to 817-963-2004 last week and got an application in the mail today.

I faxed my stuff to the same number this afternoon. Let you guys know what happens.

So Many Questions...

Conditions are deplorable down there in SJU, even for the Puerto Rican pilots. The seat lock thing should be explained to these kids in here. I don't think they understand what's going on over at Eagle and why so many people hate flying for them. 50% did not accept the offer to return to Eagle, and that is simply because it is not worth going back. Once they had the taste of a normal life once again, they started asking themselves why they were doing what they were doing. Think twice about Eagle before you commit and get all the facts straight. Perhaps a few Eagle pilots would give their deposition on their view of the airline from the inside.

Re: So Many Questions...

ShyFlyGuy said:
The seat lock thing should be explained to these kids in here. I don't think they understand what's going on over at Eagle and why so many people hate flying for them.....Think twice about Eagle before you commit and get all the facts straight. Perhaps a few Eagle pilots would give their deposition on their view of the airline from the inside.

True, there are lots of things that can be better around here. However in the present hiring environment, just getting a 121 job these days is a challenge unless you have several thousand hours over mins and are the CEOs neighbor or someting. The seat lock is for 12 months. Since it costs so much to train they don't want to waste money, so you must stay in your aircraft for a year. You can't bid between turbo props, so that means if you got SJU and want off The Rock, you must be able to hold jet F/O (or MIA on the ATR) to leave. Of the 400+ new hires, from what I have heard, the majority is expected to go to ORD jet expansion.

Personally, I am glad to be at Eagle. I'd rather be up here looking down on my old job than down there looking up here (like I did on furlough). I know there are plenty of negatives but look at the positive- getting to fly for an airline! The short term sacrifices are worth it for the long term pay offs. Everybody has to pay dues somehow. For most 1000/100 pilots, no matter how you look at it, it is a 'step up' from what they have. Even if one decides to move on after a year or two, 121 time will look good on the resume.

On the plus side, most of the line guys are really great and the training dept is awesome. Management and their interpretation of the contract? Another (looooong) topic....but there are many posts on that already.

Attention all low timers looking for an airline job: Don't go to American Eagle. Working conditions are bad, morale is low, the company hates the pilots, the progression to the left seat will take many many years, etc.

You will NOT get hired at a major without PIC turbine time (a few exceptions apply but most won't). You will sit right seat at Eagle for around 7 years as it stands now. In a seniority driven career, you are wasting precious time in getting yourself competitive for a major. Additionally, you cannot afford to live on Eagle's F/O wages for that long.

They WILL lie to you and tell you about the flow through and AA and how great it is. Trust me it is not what they advertise. I wasted almost 8 years of my career there. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Signed,
Mach Zero
former Eagle SF-340 CA and Check Airman:mad:

quote:

"I know there are plenty of negatives but look at the positive- getting to fly for an airline! The short term sacrifices are worth it for the long term pay offs."

And there it is folks....the number one reason why things will never get better at eagle or any other regional: "I know I don't make squat for money, and have no home-life, but I get to fly for an AIRLINE!!!!!!...............:rolleyes:

Long-term pay offs????? Which ones are those?? Getting 121 time so you can go to a major? Sorry. None of those are hiring right now and probably won't for another 6-7 years. Ok, I'll go to Jetblue or Southwest you say? Well, you need 1000 pic turbine time to go there. Plan on getting that at Eagle? Wrong again, you'll be waiting 6 or so years for that one. Flow-through to American? Yeah right. People that are at Eagle right now are never going to flow-through, and the flow-through agreement expires in 2007, or near there. You will never get an AA senority number.

The only benefit at Eagle is to build some flight time........and you are much better off doing that at some other airline where you might have a snowball's chance getting a pic spot.

Just to make a point about the flow through, I know of at least one senior jet CA who currently holds an AA seniority # that has just applied at ATA. It says something when those who already have AA #'s are bailing to the LCC's.

Hey guys

Hey guys...I fired off a resume to eagle back in october. I just received an application in the mail yesterday..but I AM under the 1500/500 mark. I've got about 1300/400 right now. Am i wasting my time sending the application back? I got online here and saw the mins...but why would they take the time and send an app if I didn't meet them? Ok ...fire away:)

What are the chances of newhires going to ord. If they were sju based, how long after the seat lock would it take to bid an ord line?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back