Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Buzzer,
It says
--Agreement to allow furloughees into CRJ-700s and excess RJ50s.

This means basically all future Eagle growth goes to furloughed AA pilots. The company is already massively drawing down the Saab fleet by the end of the year among other things. The current Eagle pilots will move backwards on the seniority list or be furloughed. Not good for the Eagle pilot.

As with anything...... the devil will be in the details. If you read the summary it says 51+ seaters to AA * IF COST COMPETITIVE*!

Here is what will happen. APA will spend thosands of dollars and many hours doing cost analysis and comparisons and then they will have power point presentations for AMR and Eagle ALPA to try to convince them that they should fly the 70 seaters.

AMR will have a 5 minute meeting behind closed doors and decide that it is not cost competitive for AA to fly the 70 seaters and then will do whatever they want. Just like they did when they decided in 5 minutes that Eagle was not cost competitive to operate a base in STL.

APA will file a greivance and after 2 years of bickering... an arbitrator will find in the favor of AMR.

leaving AMR was one of the best things I ever did!

Good luck,

SF3CA

"--Agreement to allow furloughees into CRJ-700s and excess RJ50s."

There is nothing in that sentence that states "ALL" AA furloughees will be put into "ALL" new RJ's. And there is also nothing in there stating that those pilots will go in as captains. It only states that it will allow furloughees into the jet. They may go in as fo's and they possibly might only take some of the new positions. Who knows?

Let's wait until we get some details before going balistic, shall we?

I have to concur with Herb, Bull, and AEpilot876. Eagle is not a good place to be if you are concerned about making money or career progression. As it is we might furlough more pilots soon. I don't think we have a hiring department anymore. :confused:
If we start hiring again it won't be for a very long time.

I gave a buddy of mine a recomendation to come here after I did 4 years ago. I feel bad for doing so. If he had gone to his other two options he'd be a jet captain now. :eek:

Sorry
Best of Luck :confused:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back