American Eagle Gouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bernoulli

My friend just had a successful interview at Eagle But they did not say what airframe he would be on. Does anyone in the know have any ideas? Some other questions too:

1. Does Eagel provide health insurance from date of hire or after 90 days...I.E...does my friend need to make sure he has health insurance lined up for awhile? I know Skywest did not give us health insurance for 90 days and that wasted a lot of my time while I was in ground...had I known I would have taken care of that before I showed up.

2. Is there a training contract...if so what are the main details.

3. How long is indoc, systems...and how many hours is sim and IOE.

4. Does Eagle train past the normal hours of required Sim and IOE if the new hire is having trouble?

5. What are the common errors that new hires make...other thatn a fantastic positive attitude, what should one make sure to bring for training.

6. Does eagle weed a lot of the weak new hires out or do they do their best to get everyone through?

Thanks in advance for any serious responses.

New hire classes have been going on for a month or so with 5-10 per class. Bases have been ORD Crj and Erj, DFW Erj and Atr, LGA Erj, & SJU atr.

1. Not sure

2. No, but you will get paid pretty good while in training, and have flight benefits after the first 2 days.

3. Indoc is a week, Systems is 3-4 weeks I can't remember, Sim is another 2 weeks (10 sessions) IOE 25-50 hours.

4. Yes, but you won't need that.

5. Don't come in with a cocky attitude sit back and only open your mouth when asked. Stay out of trouble while down in training and show you are willing to learn. Only thing you will need is a pen and paper for training.

6. They weed the ones out during the interview. If you have a class date Eagle knows you will make it through the training process.

Last edited:
My friend just had a successful interview at Eagle But they did not say what airframe he would be on. Does anyone in the know have any ideas? Some other questions too:

1. Does Eagel provide health insurance from date of hire or after 90 days...?

2. Is there a training contract...if so what are the main details.

3. How long is indoc, systems...and how many hours is sim and IOE.

4. Does Eagle train past the normal hours of required Sim and IOE if the new hire is having trouble?

5. What are the common errors that new hires make...other thatn a fantastic positive attitude, what should one make sure to bring for training.

6. Does eagle weed a lot of the weak new hires out or do they do their best to get everyone through?

Thanks in advance for any serious responses.

1. Date of hire. When I got hired it was addressed the first morning of INDOC.

2. No. Pay in training is (IIRC) 65 hrs regular pay + 18hrs/day per diem (at $1.80/hr). Not too bad. You're first line paycheck will be a shock :(

3. About 8 weeks from day 1 of INDOC to completion of checkride.
IOE varies but mine was done after another couple of weeks. I started
4/2 and finished IOE about the third week of June.

I can't really speak to the others.

Last edited:

Tell your "friend" not to worry. Traning at Eagle is easy. It's just a series of hazing rituals by AA piots. They shut the lights at the training center and you have to walk through it blindfolded from the 777sim to the ATR briefing rooms, dozens of AA pilots that hate your guts will be along the way. That's if you get the ERJ. If you get the ATR, then you are screwed. But if you get the CRJ, they hate that the worst so brace yourself.

Last edited:
Back in 2001, your age determined your aircraft, hence the oldest person picked first and so on! If you are a youngster, see you in TJSJ!!! Not sure if they are still doing it?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back