• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle could face fines related to TSA gaffe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What surprises me is that these idiots wanted to go and see if they could break into an airplane, as if parked jets at airports are some kind of bullet-proof impenetrable fortresses?!?

I got news for your genius, all it takes is to push a button/pull the lever, and the door will come right open.

So what exactly where they trying to "prove" by doing what they did?

Sounds to me like they had a major eff up, and to cover their as$es and save face, they are playing it off as the airline's fault.

TSA... I don't trust them one bit. I swear the next time one of these bozos shows up on my airplane, I will call airport police, and tell them that someone suspicious is asking me questions, and is wearing a police-like badge that looks very fake to me! Let the airport police deal with them.

And I am certainly going to supervise their "visits" on-board to make sure they don't touch anything!
They will be briefed beforehand as to the reason.
How is it possible that such morons have government jobs?

Maybe if they actually did their job and secured the damn airport we would not have to go through any of this bull$hit. Put real security in place into and around the airports, not the facade that they show right now. Example: Really, how hard would it be to get into an aircraft in say ITH, ILM, ACK, or BGM. If these tards actually secured the airport, none of this secure the aircraft crap would need to take place.

My fault your problem...attitude

Demonstrated stupidity?
Check!

Rewarded for negligence/incompetence?
Check!

Sidestep the real issue?
Check!

Government operation checklist complete!

You are right!! TSA agents are worthless pieces of dung. I went through security in KBHM the other day and asked if they had been climbing on any airplanes here. They obviously didn't get it and one of them told me to be quiet. you know me, kan't shut the yapper. They are all IDIOTS!!

Had a TSA Agent show up at the airplane before the first flight of the day. She had another "agent" with her, saying she was training. I asked to see ID's. The one in training did not have one. I kept both of them from entering the airplane and called called our GSC.
Niether of them got on the airplane.

Had a TSA Agent show up at the airplane before the first flight of the day. She had another "agent" with her, saying she was training. I asked to see ID's. The one in training did not have one. I kept both of them from entering the airplane and called called our GSC.
Niether of them got on the airplane.

Good for you man. I wish more of us had the cojones to stand up to this police state and it's unchecked "authority."

Good for you man. I wish more of us had the cojones to stand up to this police state and it's unchecked "authority."

It's not like they have a clue to what they're looking at to begin with. She wanted to show her how to inspect the lav, seats and seat backs.
I wanted to be a smart azz and tell her that if that's the case, you can do it every morning for the FA's.
But I figured I was pizzing them off enough as it was, I'd leave it at that. Showed them who was really incharge of the airplane.

It's not like they have a clue to what they're looking at to begin with. She wanted to show her how to inspect the lav, seats and seat backs.
I wanted to be a smart azz and tell her that if that's the case, you can do it every morning for the FA's.
But I figured I was pizzing them off enough as it was, I'd leave it at that. Showed them who was really incharge of the airplane.

Should have called 911 and reported them as suspicious persons with questionable identification attempting to gain access to an aircraft.

Latest resources

Back