• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American Eagle Base ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know why you would want the CRJ. I personally fly the CRJ, but when I was in class they offered EMJ, CRJ, and ATR. The only one in class that was strait to DFW was the CRJ. As a result I am still the last guy on the list and I have been flying the jet on the line for 7 months. Now the guys in the EMJ all have several people below them. I wanted the SAAB but it was not offered and I can't go to it unless I displace or upgrade. Bid for base, or amount of time spent on reserve. Another thing, you will have more options with the EMJ. Eagle has something like 200 of the jets. There are only 25 CRJs. Yes we do have options for 25 more but that doesn't mean we will get them.

someone has to be the last one on the list, glad it is you and not me.

besides, the CRJ's need to come back to where they belong, ORD! :)

someone has to be the last one on the list, glad it is you and not me.

besides, the CRJ's need to come back to where they belong, ORD! :)

Doesn't bother me to be last and if the CRJ went up to ORD I would be displaced to were I wanted to be in the first place....The saab holding a line. Maybe.

I've been reading over a few of the threads on Eagle...

Is it true that you learn type / base before training now?
-Additionally, how much is your assignment based on previous experience? Meaning, put me (currenly instructing in a C-310) next to someone with previous turbine/121 experience.... would they more likely assign me to SF34 or ATR vs. EMJ/CRJ? Or is it solely based on what they need to fill at that time?

What are the odds of getting ORD nowadays?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've been reading over a few of the threads on Eagle...

Is it true that you learn type / base before training now?
What are the odds of getting ORD nowadays?
Thanks!

As of a few days ago they are allowing you to pick your base before you show up for training. From what I have been reading the newhires have told the recruiter "I want Chicago" and they say "Ok, class starts Monday." I am not sure if you would be able to pick your equip, but you can definitely chose the base. They are desperate, so it wouldnt hurt to ask the recruiters.

What's the deal with LAX, one time I hear it's senior another time I hear it's very junior.
Very senior on the EMB, and very junior on the SF3

What is the upgrade situation for the saab there? Is the company saying how much they plan on bringing down the upgrades?

What is the upgrade situation for the saab there? Is the company saying how much they plan on bringing down the upgrades?

They are gaining a total of 10 Saabs, which isnt a lot, but considering we are losing about 330 CAs to the AA recalls, that helps create some movement too. The company hasnt made any predictions for upgrade time, but personally I would expect to upgrade in about 4-5 yrs if I just got hired today. This is all subject to change for the better or worse depending upon numerous things.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back