Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No worries, USAPA has the USAIRWAYS guys covered. DOH or bust.:laugh:

Good luck to the West guys.

Thanks, but we're all walking out the door and the last one out turns off the lights. There is no way I want to be associated with a pilot group where 60% of the pilots are scumbags with no integrity.....or brains.

This would be interesting. I wonder what the US pilots would be called. Hot dog vendors is taken...so how about "Taco vendors" since they are based in PHX. Now, would they be more "Wal-mart, K-mart, or Target"? Someone help me out.

Actually, I think we would be known as "The Little Chihuahua's". Stop barking about your seniority little chihuahua's. Also, they might think K-mart or Target as too prestigious. We would be known as the Goodwill pilots. Please stay in your Goodwill base and stop all the barking little chihuahua's.

I just love where this industry has gone.

No worries, USAPA has the USAIRWAYS guys covered. DOH or bust.:laugh:

Good luck to the West guys.

Thanks .... were gonna need it with this bunch.
Same to you in your dealings with NW.

PHXFLYR:cool:

If this goes down the USAIR East guys will finally have to come to terms with the senority list that was determined in arbitration. It will be justice served in an expeditious manner. They will forever be remembered for what they tried to do to a minority group of hard working pilots and an industry labor union for their own personal gain. Shame will follow them forever! They know this deep down inside as one pilot who flies for them recently told me. He is ashamed to be associated with these UNION BUSTING THUGS!

The easties will have to come to terms with the senority list whether a merger occurs or not. There isn't a judge out there that will entertain the thought of re-ordering it. Granted they may try to negotiate their much-balloyhooed "conditions and restrictions" with Parker in an attemt to water it down in exchange for a "cost-neutral contract". But I'll tell you one thing. When he get's done raking them over the coals in negotiations, Skybus pilots will have looked well paid in comparison . Like I said in a previous thread ,watching those guys hit one brick wall right after the other would be humorous to watch if it weren't so pathetic.

Thanks, but we're all walking out the door and the last one out turns off the lights. There is no way I want to be associated with a pilot group where 60% of the pilots are scumbags with no integrity.....or brains.

"Integrity".......now there's an interesting word !! ;)

For the record, the USAPA boys will no longer be sporting their lanyards, stickers and other propaganda.

Why?

For the record, the USAPA boys will no longer be sporting their lanyards, stickers and other propaganda.

Why?
I would now like to address the issues that I believe brought us to where we are today. Although many of our West pilots might not believe this, the April 17th NMB election results did not start with George Nicolau; it started many years prior.

It started with internal problems in our MEC and the misuse and punitive use of power. Divisive leadership became imbedded into our old union and the pilots found themselves debating personalities and not issues just at a time when we could ill afford dysfunctional leadership. The line pilots understood this, and among other matters, it manifested itself in the NMB Election results.

This pilot group had to make tough choices, but the fact is that due to division and mistrust, bad decisions were forced upon us and we continue to work in this dark period. The election of USAPA is not so much about the philosophy of “hard line” or “co-operative,” or the Nicolau Award, or the pension termination, but rather promoting a spirit of cooperation among our leaders. It is about our pilots directing our leadership, all solely with the best interests of our pilots in mind.

The USAPA Officers have committed to debate issues and not personalities or supposed motives. We will use all of our resources to focus the discourse concerning the future of our pilot group on the issues only. We must never allow debate to enter the personal arena in our deliberations. If we fail in this regard then we are nothing more then a caricature of the old Pogo cartoon; “we have met the enemy and he is us.”

Moving on, let me say that USAPA leadership welcomes all US Airways pilots to become members as our union needs your support and involvement. I would caution you all, that in electing a new bargaining agent with a simplified structure and constitution, you remove the safety net of ambivalence. The previous bargaining agent grew up over its 75 year history in a primarily regulated market and it was the perfect vehicle for non-participation. If you paid dues, and stayed out of trouble, there was no need to worry about getting involved or even for voting. You could coast through a whole career and at the end, never have attended a meeting, voted for an official or been involved in any way in union work.

The US Airways Pilots have taken the step to independence. With independence comes responsibility; the responsibility to participate. As you observed from the NMB election, reading the headlines simply isn’t good enough.

The fact is you now have the ability to elect the entire leadership, including all the Officers; President, Vice Presidents and the Secretary Treasurer. This constitutional change allows the pilots to have more say in the political direction of the union. Although there is strength in having the leadership set the agenda as mandated from the pilot group, it requires that the pilots fully understand the issues.

USAPA invites all pilots to join and participate in setting the direction of this pilot group. Membership is voluntary but to not join removes your right to vote, hold office, attend meetings or participate in any way. To join this union, even if you voted for USAPA, you must sign a membership form and submit it; labor law is strict in this regard. You have voted in a new barraging agent, but you have not become a member of that association until you ask to join via the membership form.

USAPA encourages you to sign and return the dues check-off form. Dues check-off is not a requirement but it will be more convenient for you and for our bookkeeper, and it will save your union money. There are stories of those who have allowed a dues lapse to go on for along time and attempt to “coast” dues-free on the backs of US Airways pilots; we will not carry those who want the benefits of membership, but will not pay their fair share. Hardship and extraordinary cases can be submitted to the Secretary Treasurer for consideration by the Board of Pilot Representatives.

One of the recommendations I made at our first meeting was to wear our uniform correctly and remove campaign material from our person, and luggage. The yellow lanyards that were an effective political tool during the NMB election have made their point, but now they could be seen as the continuation of division in our ranks. I have put my yellow lanyard aside, I display my union pin and I have removed any stickers or tags that say “seniority matters” or other statements related to our campaign. I would ask that you do the same with your uniform and to remove any material you see on an aircraft or jetway. The election is over and wearing material that continues to display our political view is no longer productive to our cause.

In closing I want to thank this pilot group for taking the steps necessary to change our direction. I ask that all pilots help in the success of this new union. We are first and foremost US Airways pilots, and although I have a new union pin, I work with the same great people, and we have the same mission.
Sincerely,

Stephen H. Bradford
President
US Airline Pilots Association

Latest resources

Back