• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American and US Air - why???????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Parker took two dung heaps of airlines and combined them into a profitable entity in a sh!t economy. Calling him an amateur is silly. I think the guy has done damn good job holding this handicapped retarded dinosaur together. I'm sure there are plenty of mensa members trolling around flight info that could have done a much better job though.

US Airways is doing well because of the labor disaster! If it werent for the ridiculously low payscales thanks to all the union in-fighting then US would be in serious trouble (arguably still in serious trouble even with the lowest labor CASM of any legacy). US Airways is basically a high cost regional LCC airline. The international presence is negligible and the network is east coast heavy. I would put jetblue and US Airways in the same category in terms of similar operations.

Wow! What are you smoking?? Can I have some??

US Airways is doing well because of the labor disaster! If it werent for the ridiculously low payscales thanks to all the union in-fighting then US would be in serious trouble (arguably still in serious trouble even with the lowest labor CASM of any legacy). US Airways is basically a high cost regional LCC airline. The international presence is negligible and the network is east coast heavy. I would put jetblue and US Airways in the same category in terms of similar operations.

JetBlue Fleet
A320: 118
E190: 46

USAir Fleet
A320 family: 228
737: 47
A330: 16
767: 10
757: 24
E190:15

Parker took two dung heaps of airlines and combined them into a profitable entity in a sh!t economy. Calling him an amateur is silly. I think the guy has done damn good job holding this handicapped retarded dinosaur together. I'm sure there are plenty of mensa members trolling around flight info that could have done a much better job though.
This is the best post of the thread, I do believe. Sums it all up perfectly.

Any upcoming pilot shortage will already be taken care of by consolidation, therefore less airlines and less jobs. I still don't think there's going to be a crazy hiring spree that I keep hearing about.

Any upcoming pilot shortage will already be taken care of by consolidation, therefore less airlines and less jobs. I still don't think there's going to be a crazy hiring spree that I keep hearing about.

Another thread said USAir East will retire 1865 pilots within the next 7 years. AA has a lot of old Captains and old FOs due to hiring young civilians during the B-scale days, and then hiring military guys after the B-scale went away, that are now all the same age. The clear eventual winners here are the AWA pilots. They will outlast the old East guys, and the top half of the AA pilots, all leaving within a few years of each other. Good for the Westies.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Because some guys in back rooms on Wall St. you never heard of who control Billions of $ are going to make a quick $ out of the deal, get out, and leave the employees to deal with the resultant mess.

Doesn't matter a lick whether it makes sense in terms of routes, fleets, hubs, unions, contracts, the Nic., USAPA, APA, etc....

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

Parker needs the $$$$$$$$$$ that goes with the terms of a merger. USAirways depends on some type of life line every 6 to 10 years or else the place faces shut down.

Latest resources

Back