• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American and Jetblue hook up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Meanwhile, JetBue pilots think they don't need a union.....

mmmmhmmm sure

While the majority did not vote for the union last year, things have certainly changed that will improve the possibility for success in a future attempt. Last years vote had 646 pilots in favor of representation. That's 646 pilots voting for a union that was essentially run out of a garage by two guys. Two guys running the show with minimal outside help and limited finances.

Imagine what a real campaign can do with an army of volunteers and a big budget. That coupled with the change in NMB voting rules may bring a union sooner than later.

.... Also hopefully if ALPA is voted in, our pilots will have real expectations of what having a union can and can't/won't do for you.

I would imagine there are some pretty good examples of what ALPA has done for its members lately to answer any of those expectations right now, wouldn't you agree?

Ultra

If AA buys JB... beware guys (if you are non union).

See TWA 2001.

I don't think any JebBlue pilot would have the expectation, should they be acquired by a union-carrier, of not getting stapled, provided they remain non-union.

Plenty of examples out there:

1. SWA acquires Morris Air....pilots stapled (they did get pay protection).

2. SWA shuts down their alter-ego airline, TransStar, when their pilots did not accept the integration proposal from SWAPA ( I suspect that was likely a staple ). But hey, they did get preferential interviews! I wonder how many TransStar pilots re-thought their stance. Oh well....

3. AA acquires Reno Air....pilots stapled.

So basically, if you're non-union, and you get gobbled up, you're gonna get stapled. If you're lucky, you'll get some pay-protection.....

No merger? What about a purchase? Look at our stock price.

Besides, AMR would only have to get rid of Eagle to do it (which they probably want to do). Problem is those dinosaurs called FAs making 300 grand a year. Kills the whole scenario.

I don't think any JebBlue pilot would have the expectation, should they be acquired by a union-carrier, of not getting stapled, provided they remain non-union.

Plenty of examples out there:

1. SWA acquires Morris Air....pilots stapled (they did get pay protection).

2. SWA shuts down their alter-ego airline, TransStar, when their pilots did not accept the integration proposal from SWAPA ( I suspect that was likely a staple ). But hey, they did get preferential interviews! I wonder how many TransStar pilots re-thought their stance. Oh well....

3. AA acquires Reno Air....pilots stapled.

So basically, if you're non-union, and you get gobbled up, you're gonna get stapled. If you're lucky, you'll get some pay-protection.....

LOL you could give JetBlue DOH and it would still be a staple.

Latest resources

Back