• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

American and Eagle (AMR)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This debate is going on on various threads, however there are two points to be made about SWA and others.

Generally, while profitable in good times, discount carriers have been better off in the bad times than the traditional carriers. However the traditional carriers do much better in the boom times (which these are not). This is why AMR has more than 2.5 billion in cash and 6 billion is payed off planes, they made a lot of money in the late 90's.

Also, SWA has a significanly lower cost structure......all on the back of their workforce. Either they have to step up to the majors's or the majors will be forced to chip away at ALPA/APA contracts until they can compete with the 800lb gorilla of domestic airfare.

Walmartwanabee,

Sorry for the delay. Got a new job and had to go to training.

No, I didn't flow through from Eagle. I was hired on at AA.

On another subject. I heard AA is going to have a big announcement AUG 13. I wonder what they are going to have to say.

Heard on the AA jumpseat on Thursday that they are talking about more furloughs. Either 1000 or 1500 is what they Captain said he was told. Hopefully, this is not true, but knowing AMR, I wouldn't be surprised since they are in contract talks.

EagleATR

1000 to 1500 sounds like SciFi. I heard 100 or so from a good source.

Looking for a lost friend at Eagle

Hey, does anyonoe out there know an ATR, or maybe now Jet CA by the name of Scott Vernon? If so could you get a message to him that Will Ware would like to get an Email to him. PM me and I'll give you my Email address.
Thanks
Will

Talked to a buddy of mine who was doing recurrent. They sent him to twa differences training on the 80. when he asked why so soon, they said because the f100's were going to be leaving sooner than expected and the 80's would be intergrated soon. The numbers he heard were 700-1000. Hang in there everyone.

Here's a good one for which I take no responsibility:

Heard today that AA will retire all F100's, B717's, and A300's. TSA just negotiated a "large jet" pay scale. All F100's and B717's will now be operated by American Connection.

I told you it was good!

EagleATR

At least it's good for a laugh.

I flew for Eagle from 1990-1997, I know alot has changed since I left, but can some one tell me what the American Connection is?

Thanks
J3

The American Connection is the former TWE carriers Trans States, Chatuaqua, and Corporate Air. So far, they only fly in and out of STL, but rumor has that changing soon.

EagleATR

Latest resources

Back