American 149 - Toilet Diversion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Air Canada Flight 797

On June 2, 1983(1983-06-02), the aircraft developed an in-flight fire behind the washroom that spread between the outer skin and the inner decor panels, filling the plane with noxious, toxic smoke. The spreading fire also burned through crucial electrical cables that knocked out most of the instrumentation in the cockpit, forcing the plane to divert to an alternate landing field. Ninety seconds after the plane landed and the doors were opened, enough oxygen was available for the fire to flashover, killing the 23 remaining passengers left on board.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Canada_Flight_797

Early morning....Emergency....Broken Lavatory.

After a few cups of coffee, and reading the time honored DIARRHIA IN A FREIGHTER thread, I can see a secondary emergency "brewing."

Why not land overwieght, nothing wrong with that, instead going in circles while the LAV motor catches on fire.

Reminds me of the Delta 767 that was burning on the runway and the crew decides not to evacuate with a full crowd on board, stupid.

Depends...what the QRH says,...do not reset lav flush motor C/B in my jet, dont see why not give it a pull(1) and leave it if you have a runaway lav?? makes common sense to me, but that doesn't count for much these days...

Sh!t happens, ya just never know where or when!! It's better to take care of a problem vs. explaining why you didn't.

Coffee is a diarrhetic....that's why we have lav's in the first place.

Arabica beans are the worst....ever smell a sh!thouse in Arabia?

The New York Times used to be a lot thicker before Maxwell House came along. Now I barely make it to page A5.

I hate the klingers that cannot be washed away by the blue stuff.

Depends...what the QRH says,...do not reset lav flush motor C/B in my jet, dont see why not give it a pull(1) and leave it if you have a runaway lav?? makes common sense to me, but that doesn't count for much these days...

reset and pull to deactivate for a dangerous malfunction or two different actions.

Latest resources

Back