• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the discussions about scope, some people have opined that resrictive scope clauses are bad for their parent company. It is also my understanding from those discussions, that Cactus has no scope. If scope, or the lack thereof, is a real advantage, Cactus will survive. Now, if they could just find some routes where they can compete against carriers who are on the way down, instead of against SWA, they've got a good chance.

regards,
8N

I'm platinum on HP and have found their service consistently good. Everyone knows you can get bad service on any airline, and I've dealt with basket-case CSA's from AA, DL, and Southwest.

HP CASM is below 9 cents per mile, so if they can just steady their RASM, and snatch travelers paying more than $150 RT (This means no more $38RT LAX-LAS flights...) they should do ok. America West has never been a wealthy airline, but they also have a lot of things going for them.

-Sean

Wiskey Driver,

I agree with you 100%. The general public is the worst to deal with, that I won't argue. But it's unfortunate that those in the customer service business would be so bad at providing customer service. If Southwest or jetBlue agents etc. can suck it up, so should the next. I'll never go back, and I'll tell 20 friends, they'll tell a few and so on. Not to mention the power of the internet.

I find myself these days paying more for a ticket on jetBlue (or another with at least smiling faces) when I can as opposed to just looking for the cheapest fare. I'm fed up.
I don't think that I'm the exception any longer.

As a former DAL agent I can say that most employees used to "strive" on the attitude factor.... Getting paid less than $9.00/hr as RR the "attitude" , etc, etc, etc...was definately present among most of the RR staff. I also saw this with the FA's and many other DAL employees. Is it "good" customer service (or going above and beyond).???- Most definately not B U T their is very little motivation present after dealing with angry pax at the gates all day long. America West Airlines is no different than any other airline in my opinion. I have never had a problem with them since I could care less about how I am "treated" due to the fact that I realize what these agents go through day in and day out and the very little compensation that they receive. My main and only concern when I fly on them is that the "service" that I paid for (full fare ticket) is honored, I am able to use it, and I get from point A to point B without getting harmed. America West is not Air France or BA when it comes to customer satisfaction & service however I never met an America West employee that was unable to accomplish their job(s) due to a lack of CS and "social" skills. I do realize that the general public expects "great" treatment however it is my opinion that as long as I get to my destination safely then they have done well in my mind-

AWA flya out of PHX many times-
good luck to you guys-

3 5 0

And why shoudn't they get great service? I know I try and make the best landings possible, so why not be nice when they check in? I also don't understand why a lot CS agents are rude to flight crews, I know I try and be nice, and we all should.

Here's another thought......it was 7:30am when I encountered most of the attitudes. Hardly time enough to even get pi$$ed from the day.

You may not require courteous service, but I do. A simple hello is enough for me. I don't think it's too much to ask. Like I said, don't like the job, get out.

I think some of you are missing the point.

CSAs are paid to provide customer SERVICE. It's their whole reason for existing. If they can't or don't want to provide quality SERVICE then can their asses. I don't care that their dog died. I don't care that they aren't paid enough. It isn't my problem that their boss is a jerk. When I pony up in excess of $200 bucks for SERVICE I expect SERVICE with a smile, even if I'm being annoying. As long as I don't abuse them and I'm not rude to them I expect answers to my questions. If they think their jobs suck, then quit and work someplace else. I don't see a gun to anybody's head and none of them are wearing prison work crew uniforms. The company said to them we'll give you $X.XX to be nice to our customers and take care of them. The CSA agreed. Do your freaking job or leave!

aaaaaammmeeennnn

AAHHHH, spoken like a true marine. It's my way or die! People shoud get service and good service at that I don't argue that point but there is a gun to their heads just not the type you are thinking about. This gun is the mortage note and the car payment and all of the other essentials of sustaining life that costs. I don't want to seem like I support poor attitude or unfriendly persona but as humans we must understand stress and as a marine I am sure that you understand that.

WD.

The company said to them we'll give you $X.XX to be nice to our customers and take care of them.

I think your assuming to much here. Airlines do not want CSAs that accept any demand that the customer makes. Airlines want CSAs that take control of the situation and resolve the problems to the airlines best economical and performance interests. If they can do this with a smile all the better. CSAs have some pretty nasty situations to deal with sometimes and the airlines need people that will get high stress jobs done in a timely mannor not someone who sits and smiles. How polite and friendly are you in stressfull situations such as an engine failure at V1 in the real world?

I worked in front line customer service for many years before flying became my job and I have noticed that the people who are intolerant of poor customer service are typically the people who never served a day of it in their lives. Try walking a mile in another mans shoes someday.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back