• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not if their customer service doesn't improve. My wife and I flew them for the first time 2 months ago. In short, they cancelled our flights and rescheduled without notification and had our connecting flights departing BEFORE our initials even arrived - both ways. Every single employee we came in contact with from the reservation agent to the gate agent to the flight attendants were rude beyond belief.

I will pay double before ever using them again and I make sure that I tell everyone that I know.

I have to agree with Hyper. I also bought full fare tickets on them for some business meetings in Las Vegas. I could not risk NR travel (besides, technically it is against company policy to NR for personal business) due to the importance of the meetings.
2 CX'd flights, little if any information, rude staff from CSA's to FA's.

As a taxpayer, I think the bailout money was sent straight down the toilet. As a fellow airline pilot, I wish them the the best, but I sure didn't get a good feeling about their operation.

My company will spend around 75K a year for travel, and this should increase to approx 100K next year. Not much, but AWA will not get 1 red cent of my money again.

Last edited:
I flew on them to go out west a month ago. My experience was the exact opposite. Very friendly service. Although they're hurting
I've heard that they aren't losing as much as others. Of course I don't think that they have the credit and cash reserves of the other larger airlines. Who really knows?

Well folks,

The reality is you could get this type of treatment from any carrier in the nation. America West is not the exception, remember that as humans we all feel that we are owed something and after hours of this attitude people get fed up. Customer service & flight attendants are always dealing with these mentalities. Think about for a moment, if it were you just how long would you be able to deal with this attitude from customers day after day after day??? If you feel that it's only AWA then you should have your company switch to AA, UAL, NWA or many of the others and lets check your experiences after some time with them. The bottom line is you are going to get rude people in every aspect of life, the airline industry is no exception...

WD.

True W.D., but I've flown a butt load of miles and have NEVER been treated with such disregard. I don't walk around thinking I'm owed anything, thanks anyway. My wife is a 5'2" little polite soft spoken young lady and the reservation "clerk" about bit her head off when she had the nerve to ask her why the connecting flight was leaving before she arrived in PHK. Had my wife not noticed this as we were walking away, we would have been stuck there for lord only knows how long. That was only the beginning.

HeII, my 13 hr flight on Air France was refreshing compared to AWA and we all know how much the French hate Americans!

I know what you're saying, and airline travel is full of attitudes and s_cks period. But AWA went above and beyond anything that my wife and I had ever experienced.

And BTW, that was after we arrived at the airport to find out our flight had been cancelled and we would now be leaving 5 hours later. WE should have had the attitude.

Maybe I do expect something after all. How about a little courteousness? In this economy of high unemployment, if you can't do it right, haul a$$. The next person will.

Maybe,

I won't even begin to tell you of the stories I have encountered along the way. I will say this though I have been on the recieving end of that type of attitude(NOT WITH AWA) and I was in full dress uniform. I did everything that I could to retain my composure and keep from having the young lady at the counter in tears. I know how to give it back 10 fold, but what would I accomplish by doing that? I just move on and do what I have to do. We will meet again someday and the attitude will be much different. Keep in mind that all types of things happen behind the scenes and they are the last to know and the first to be hit with comments from the public. I found that killing them with kindness really works I have said to many CSA's "do I do something to personally attack you"? "have I offended you in some way if so I am truely sorry" It's really hard for people to be nasty when confronted with kindness.

WD.

Think about for a moment, if it were you just how long would you be able to deal with this attitude from customers day after day after day???

I worked as a CSA for Mesa (America West express) I dealt with that attitude every day. But I did it with a smile and always provided the best service possible. This was definitely not the norm among my cohorts. If you treat people like people, they often change their attitude. Southwest's CSA's faced us in the concourse on the opposite side. Their level of customer service put us to shame.

Anyway, America West has certainly not developed a reputation for outstanding service. They have been struggling to improve that reputation with a renewed commitment to service, and a fairly aggressive local marketing campaign. Their customer satisfaction and performance numbers have indeed showed marked improvement. It will probably take a bit more effort to win back the customers they have lost to SWA though.

Latest resources

Back