Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West/USAirways seniority list ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jimdandy said:
a rumor by any definition is simply conjecture by anyone so it is imossible to be false
Fine. There's no truth to the rumor.
focus said:
What is the purpose of the 18 month lock for the AAA furloughed pilot?
Those pilots will be trained to the AWA ops certificate and thus to "go back" to USA would require full-course retraining.

Jimdandy said:
a rumor by any definition is simply conjecture by anyone so it is imossible to be false

Whatever you want to call it, your information is wrong.

AAA pilots will be recalled to AWA in seniority order. We have this in writing in our transition agreement. As previously mentioned - 18 month lock. AAA pilots bring longevity for pay.

They do not give up any of their rights in the integration process and will be given a new seniority number once the lists are merged. They are to be added to a third seniority list at AWA.

Focus said:
Why would they ever want to go back to USAIR?

Uh, well maybe for some it would be a chance to work for a major that will give them a good career?

I should have been more clear with my question. Why would a USAIR Furloughee who was given a job at AWA want to go back to the Original USAIR? That just makes no sense to me unless there would be some type of benefit to justify the move such as senority number with the new USAIR.

I think your forgetting it will all be us air. I dont know the whole time span, or even if they have set one yet, but when its all done its all the same. They only have the seat lock thing in so they dont have to retrain people over and over again. Eventually it will all be the same training and then it does not matter.

Is this the Scenario?

Im aware of the ultimate business objective. My question concerns senority integration. Example: Furloughed USAIR Pilot accepts job at AWA yet still retains recall rights at his former company, USAIR in the future should he decide to excercise this option. Is it possible that AWA Pilots could find themselves not only behind the furloughed USAIR Pilot but additionaly they could be left at the end of a list that would have seen more hiring without the merger, hence exposing the AWA Pilot as Furlough Fodder??

AWA has been in a hiring mode right up to the announcement of the merger with USAIR whereas the latter has been in a downsizing mode with many Furloughed. It would seem that anyone on furlough at present would not be placed above the most junior pilot on active duty at either airline.

As of today 27th, if it happens there will be no recall to the old company, as it will be the same company. All the details still need to be worked out. But my understanding is the furloughed pilot (new hire at am west today) will be treated as a 1st year guy (not pay) until the integration is complete. At that time he will move (seniority wise) to wherever he would have been furloughed or not as per the integration. I dont know how this integration will work out but in the long run taking the job at AM West prior to complete integration will not effect his position. The am west guys will not be at the bottom of the list no matter what. There are to many furloughed U guys plus the 300 at MDA that will get those honors. I hope this aswered your question.

Focus said:
Why would a USAIR Furloughee who was given a job at AWA want to go back to the Original USAIR?
To get back to his original base. Keep in mind also that the inevitable fences will give a super-seniority for ex-AWAers in PHX and LAS and USAers in PHL-PIT-CLT-DCA.

Latest resources

Back