America West Pilots-Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mvi

No offense to anyone who works there. I would like to know the basic information about a pilot position there:

FO pay
Schedules
Days off
Retirement
time to upgrade
how long on reserve

I here so many bad things about Am West. Are they all true? Why does everyone I talk to that works there hate it?

Thanks in advance.

I here so many bad things about Am West. Are they all true? Why does everyone I talk to that works there hate it?

Save yourself the trouble and worry, simple solution is not to apply. Plenty of people that "want" to go to AWA, no worries in filling the positions....

Funny you say "everyone", I have not heard many negative comments at all.

3 5 0

Like I said I didn't want to offend anyone. I guess your not going to give me the info. Ok, what is good about America West? I'll take that.

I would suggest first and foremost doing a search on AWA on this board, many threads have been posted relating to your questions. I then would go to americawest.com then under investor relations and take a look for yourself.

3 5 0

Cut the guy some slack. This is an informational forum. True that he should always do a search, but providing a little info on your part instead of slamming him wouldn't be a bad thing.

MVI,

I don't work there but I hear a lot of great things. The company has had a rocky history, but things are getting better. Flying an A319/20 out of sunny PHX wouldn't be so bad... PM a guy named Whisky Driver (use the Search function above to find him) and he will give you the info. you are looking for - and he seems very happy to be there... I know quite a few people there and most are pretty optimistic about the future as things continue to improve.

Thanks Heavy Set I will do that. For that others guys info I did do a search on these and the AM West website I was just hoping for some inside info.

Any America West Drivers out there. I'm trying to get in touch with two old collegues that are now working there. If anyone knows Ken Kelly (ex ALG) or Blake Gawel (ex ALG), can you ask them to PM me at: [email protected]. Thanks to all.

Hey Tab Express F/O, or should I say 'future pay-for-training F/O', you should at least wait until you wash your uniform for the first time before you rag on someone, especially someone who probably has more years of experience than you are old.

Tab

Once again you prove what a tool you are. Go fly your King Air and then hop into that awesome 1900 C that Colgan sold to you guys. Enjoy it while you can.

By the way.. Riddle graduates are generally considered pond scum by many people.. You however, are the crap found at the bottom of the scum.

Latest resources

Back