America West Pilots have integrity?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Marty,

One of the ways he can fix things is to amend the Transistion Agreement by putting the Nicolau list in effect without a vote and allow West pilots to fly east airplanes so the Company can furlough according to the Nic List.
Fast

If the court were to enjoin
the furlough of West Pilots, the airline’s business judgment would still require it to reduce
service on some flights and aircraft flown by West Pilots. One result of a preliminary
injunction might be the continued payment of West Pilots who are not working. Another
result might be transfer of West Pilots to East Operations before operations are
consolidated, a great business burden against which US Airways expressly protected itself
in the Transition Agreement.
If preliminary relief were granted and permanent relief
denied later, the operations of US Airways would have paid a grave and unjustified cost.

Marty,

If Judge Wake finds usapa failed in its reponsibility to represent us fairly by presenting the Company with a DOH list. One of the ways he can fix things is to amend the Transistion Agreement by putting the Nicolau list in effect without a vote and allow West pilots to fly east airplanes so the Company can furlough according to the Nic List. Your buddies at usapa will in fact not have anything they can do about it.

I'm sure you won't believe me. So do some research and you will see for yourself that Federal Judges have alot of lattitude to fix things such as this. So please no more bragging about usapa protecting you since they can not.

Fast

Thanks for the laughs....

If the court were to enjoin
the furlough of West Pilots, the airline’s business judgment would still require it to reduce
service on some flights and aircraft flown by West Pilots. One result of a preliminary
injunction might be the continued payment of West Pilots who are not working. Another
result might be transfer of West Pilots to East Operations before operations are
consolidated, a great business burden against which US Airways expressly protected itself
in the Transition Agreement. If preliminary relief were granted and permanent relief
denied later, the operations of US Airways would have paid a grave and unjustified cost.

Johnny B,

I guess you don't understand the point. The Judge can change the TA if he feels it will remedy the problem. If he does that he could do it so that it does not put a burden on the Company. (he has already indicated this to the Company. Read the Oct 29th hearing transcripts) I'm sure you won't believe me, so ask whoever you would believe if a Federal Judge can change the TA if he feels it neccessary to solve the problem.

Fast

Johnny B,

I guess you don't understand the point.
Fast

I guess I don't.

transfer of West Pilots to East Operations before operations are
consolidated, ( would be ) a great business burden against which US Airways expressly protected itself

It obviously wasn't a problem to take the 6 East furloughees (that were recalled to the West) back to the East when they were furloughed in Sept.

:pimp:

The 6 were original usair employees; the current furloughees are America West only and unless a combined contract and operations are achieved, can only fly for the west.

Latest resources

Back