• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West Pilots have integrity?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I suspect the judge will give the east pilots and the company a choice....pay damages or rehire the west pilots and have them fly east.

We do not want the judge using the 6 as a precedent to exile us back east to fly an rj under LOA 93 for 20k less than we were making. I agree with you - the only proper remedy is to make the affected captains and f/o's whole for lost wages and damages, and recall the furloughees to LAS or PHX. Or simply pay them to stay home.

I agree with you - the only proper remedy is to make the affected captains and f/o's whole for lost wages and damages, and recall the furloughees to LAS or PHX. Or simply pay them to stay home.

We Have a Winner!!

And I have a lot of damages!

:pimp:

The judge could order them to be trained on the east but make USAPA responsible for all financial costs of doing so along with the costs of training to move them back to the west plus pay protection. Long story short, the judge can bankrupt USAPA. Either way it is going to be fun to watch the blood flow.

We do not want the judge using the 6 as a precedent to exile us back east to fly an rj under LOA 93 for 20k less than we were making.

While I side with you west guys I wish you would change your thinking about the Embraers being rjs. They are definitely mainline aircraft and belong there. My apologies for the slight threadjack.

And now back to the regularly scheduled program - your word is 1/2 of who you are, there is no honor at usapa and in what the east has done.

We do not want the judge using the 6 as a precedent to exile us back east to fly an rj under LOA 93 for 20k less than we were making. I agree with you - the only proper remedy is to make the affected captains and f/o's whole for lost wages and damages, and recall the furloughees to LAS or PHX. Or simply pay them to stay home.

Let’s just say for arguments sake the judge rules the furloughed west guys should be paid for their time on furlough:

Any income you have received while on furlough (unemployment, furlough pay, pay from another job - YES pay from another job, any unpaid union dues, wage garnishments + who knows what else) will be deducted from any “make you whole” award you have coming.

In fact you may possibly get a bill. Because your furlough pay is higher then E190 FO pay.

Then you can look forward to commuting to PHL to sit reserve as a RJ FO making $40,000 a year.

Frankly, furlough is a better option.

Last edited:
If the news from room 504 was so good on Monday, why no response from USAPA? This was a case with no merit according to USAPA, but so far they have failed at every motion before Judge Wake! Sounds like Nixon's "Peace is at hand" before the 1972 Election only to result in Linebacker II ( but in this case USAPA will be Hanoi). Wait for the USAPA spin, it is the only source for "accurate" info. per the BPR.

P.S.-I'll let the West pilots on the street decide what is best for them if they win an award, the East has no option to go on the Barbie 190 after getting knocked off the 737!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back