• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West is interviewing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, call me stupid but I got lost somewhere. 70 capts slots open no FO slots but AWA will fill capt slots with off the street pilots??? This is way too much info for me to process all at once so speak slow!!!

WD.

All you AWA guys that interviewed 18 months ago that got hired and never called for a class, get ready to study those flight control laws! I hear that all new hires are going to the Airbus. Good luck to all of you going to AWA!

Jim

Been trying for nearly 2 years to get over there. Maybe NOW something will happen....
I heard (as everyone seems to "hear" something) that they prefer people who already live in PHX. For a major, I don't know why they'd care. But what do I know....

Its not mandatory to live in Phoenix. Most do commute but that is tougher than it used to be! I would guess they favor this as AWA has been a training camp for United and SWA for many years. I know they are interested in hiring people they feel are going to be around for the duration instead of using them as a stepping stone

AWA doesn't have a training contract but they have in the past had a problem with people leaving for the big 4. I think that they now only look a people that they feel will stay. How do you tell???

WD.

I don't think AWA has to worry about anyone leaving for the big 4 at least for the next five to ten years as I do not see any hiring at those airlines. In fact, I have been hearing that it will be 5 to 10 years before the recalls will begin (I doubt it will be 10 years).
I wish I had gone to AWA instead of TWA three years ago (especially since I was living in PHX at the time) as at least I would now have a job instead of looking at 5 years plus as a furloughee from AA.

You would be suprised that many leave for Jet Blue and ATA. I think that it's really more of a thing of the past though.

WD.

Got called today to set up an appointment in order to fill out necessary paper work. Sounds like they plan on spooling up very shortly.

Latest resources

Back