• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West Airline crew arrested KMIA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You see, before the third cup, I'm clairvoyant.

After that, it's Tuesday, and then I'm fully awake....

According to the local news, these two really were caught because they were giving the secuity agent a bunch of crap when he would not let them carry an open container through--coffee.

As this has been on the news, the open container issue that is, it seems pretty stupid if you are either drunk or very hungover to get into a pissing contest with a security guy.

Oh my God......a crew went out and got loaded on an overnight. What the he11 is going on here. All of you 121 fliers out there tell me that you have'nt done that and I will call you a liar. It makes me sick seeing these guys handcuffed sitting in a waiting area. Give them a little respect for crying out loud.

Concerns

First, the airlines do NOT need this type of press, as most carriers are suffering financially and need to fill seats with a reasonable yield.

Second, this is a criminal investigation and I am very concerned (legally speaking) about the release of information in the manner which it ocurred.

Third, if the BAC is accurate, the drinking took place within the 8 hours, per the FARs, and (is it twleve for this carrier??). (Those of you who can drink excessively, and will argue that they could have drank within the 8 hours, you would have to be about .16 -- that is almost emergency room visit status.) Still, the .04 was violated.

Fourth, what the hell were they thinking??? I was watching MSNBC (don't ask why....) and the channel is posing the "question of the day.....should EVERY PILOT receive a breathalyzer prior to EVERY COMMERCIAL FLIGHT...." (I don't like early am show times....and if the knee-jerk Congress decides to enact this law.......along with the new FBI checks (been fingerprinted for the Bar Associaion, so it's not a big deal, but, the poking, proding, invasiveness of everything will continue....)

Ok, before I get flamed here I should say have said have some beers on an overnight. I just cannot believe they took the breathalizer without calling there unions laywers first.

Please let's help avbug get that **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** monkey off his back! No but seriously, I will let the facts come out first. If it true what they are saying is true, then not only should they loose their jobs, they should face criminal charges too. If the accusations are false, then it proves the media are ready to crucify all of us and if there is some power play going on with screeners then that is unacceptable. I for one will avoid flying the airlines at all cost until the industry redefines itself. This was my feeling before 9/11. It has become one big cattle call. It is a humiliating and depressing experience. I haven't seen much pride coming any airline worker in a long time.

Let's see you have a multi million dollar career and you throw it away for an overnight. No thanks, I hold to the Army reg of 12 hours and all residual effects and I base that on report time not pushback. Maybe I'm a geek but I took a long stupid road to get here and I'm not going to throw it away now. Same thing when guys want me to give up my seniority number AND sign a training contract for a First Officer charter job in an aircraft I'm already rated in.

DAL737FO
furloughed in Florida could be worse

Latest resources

Back