• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

America West Airline crew arrested KMIA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have never done anything close to that. Sounds like Simon is guilty. What ever happened to professional integrity?

What the he11 is going on here. All of you 121 fliers out there tell me that you have'nt done that and I will call you a liar.

Huh??

I'm not a drinker on or off the job, thank you! But thanks for your concern!

If the AW pilots are convicted of what they have been accused of doing, then it'll be far different from what I see of my colleagues on a daily basis.

I now see where the MSNBC news is asking if all piolts should be giving a breathalyzer before each flight. If that's the case, why not check to see if all firefighters aren't carry matches since they apparently like to start forestfires (at least two of them anyway so that must mean all, right?!?). What about alchoholic doctors who perform surgeries after downing a few? Should all doctors have breathalyzers before performing surgery? Why should they be any different?

Point being: Let's not throw an accusatory blanket over every person in a profession because of a delinquent few. I am getting more than a little tired of all the knee jerked worthless political and FAA policies that we have to live with now because of media driven public hysteria!

Looking forward to retirement!

Also remember, the rule is 8hrs and .04 BAC to be ILLEGAL to fly. .01 will make you ineligible for duty. Any trace of alcohol is grounds for a company to suspend a pilot. Listerine may throw a breath analyzer off, but it will not register a Blood Alcohol Content.

I have a two drink max on an overnight, and I finish the last drink 16 hours before reporting time. If I don't have 16 hours, I don't have the drinks. Period.

That gives me plenty of time to sleep in, mistake Tuesday morning for Monday morning, watch TV, have some "Cof-ay", and make certain that I am fully roused and ready to fly before I appear at an airport.

You do what you have to do, that's all. What were they thinking????

I don't drink either. Some people just don't like the taste, or have religious reasons not to drink, or just don't want to be strangded or take a chance. I like to be awake when I'm awake, and asleep when I'm asleep. And, I don't care if I'm in the minority, or even the only pilot in the world like that. Good luck to all.

You have to throw in the cute FA at the bar or in the room. That usually causes pilot's not to excercise their superior judgement and fall for the same thing Adam fell for. It is just one more drink then maybe...............If we all had longer layovers(at least 24 hours) non of this would ever be an issue.

I knew I was going to get flamed as soon as I use the words all and every. How about some and sometimes. Geez people. Of course not every person drinks or even partakes in any of the many sins of life. But there are some people that do partake in the legal sins of life. These two America West Pilots probally did some drinking on there overnight and I believe that it happens, and happens a lot. Those of you denying it are living in a different world than I am. Does the 12 hour rule get broken, of course. Does the 8 hour rule get broken, probally not. Have any of you flaminig me ever broke a company policy that compromised safety? How about an FAR that has compromised safety. We try not to, but it does happen. Lets all (whoops I didn't mean to say all) I mean lets some of us get off our high horse and not persicute these two before all the facts have been siffted through.

I don't want to persecute anyone. I just can't believe they didn't call in sick if they were that far into the bag.

High Horse? Not getting hammered on trips is being on a high horse? I figured you would try to justify your post about how everyone does it by bringing other arguments into it. Whatever!

Latest resources

Back