Am West won't allow 190 regional flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IFlyLow said:
I don't post on here much, but I have to for this... Is it just me, or does anyone else think surplus1 has seriously lost it? These delusional ramblings of his, I swear, are taking him farther and farther away from reality.

Why don't you tell me where you think my "reality" should be? When you do I'll deal with it.

IFlyLow said:
I don't post on here much, but I have to for this... Is it just me, or does anyone else think surplus1 has seriously lost it? These delusional ramblings of his, I swear, are taking him farther and farther away from reality.

Nor do I, but Surplus1 has opened my eyes. And because of that, I am for ever indebted to him. Of course, I am also thankful for the General. If it were not for him (General), Surplus1 could not offer the rebuttals that I find priceless.

Most (if not all) of these issues have been raised during meetings. Surplus1's participation in this forum has been educational to myself, and I'm guessing that I am not the only one. The arguments that I disagree with are a necessary evil, for without them Surplus1 would have had no platform for debate. Thank God I now know what could have happened had I allowed myself to be fooled by simple rhetoric and words of the promise land.

410dude said:
Surplus, quit your whining. You are a comair lifer/loser who wants to get into Delta via the backdoor.

Ok "dude", what else do you know and where and when did you learn it?

Syllogism,

Thanks for the kind words.

For the record, I don't ask that you agree with me. However, there is always more than one side to any story, and all sides should be known.

I have no personal dog in this debate. It's just that I hate to see a bunch of young airmen brainwashed into thinking that their own interests are automatically less important than the interests of some "mainline" pilot for no reason other than the fact that he flies a bigger airplane and thinks that his sh_it don't stink.

We're all airline pilots and not one of us is any "better" than the other by virute of where he works. We're all trying to make a living. If you're flying an airliner, when you take your seat look backwards and see if you can tell how long the fuselage is. If you can, it aint an airliner. If you can't it is and the only things that matter are safety above all else, job security, seniority, schedule and salary. Those are the 5 "S"'s [The sex is another thread;) ].

All of you young people need to be as well informed as possible before you make the decisions that will affect the future of your careers.

My only purpose is to make you think and to open your eyes to whatever extent I can. You're all smart and can make good decisions if you have complete information.

This is a tough business that you've chosen. Your swimming in a pool full of sharks and if you don't keep your eyes open and cover your six they'll eat you alive, grinning while they do it and laughing at you when you're not around.

You need to treat all this stuff the same way you treat your airplane. Maintain situational awarness at all times and don't make decisions without checking everything, at least twice. Always have an alternate that you haven't used yet, everytime you pull in to the gate.

Whatever you decide, I wish you nothing but success.

Latest resources

Back