• Start date
  • Watchers 18

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Abnoxious, rude, and selfish behavior should not be tolerated here.
If we followed those rules, this place would be nearly postless, new word

Flying single-engine planes in real IFR IS stupid. Yeah, I did it and, looking back, I was crazy. Guess it's part of the learning curve. Carry on with the "Bug smashing"... ;) TC

Sometimes I read his threads and are forced to see that the only thing going on in his life is this msg board, and a little bit of flying in the time left over. He takes himself too serious, yes i know aviaion s not a game. He needs to lighten up though. He seems to always finds a way to turn every post into a pi$$ing match. The guy definatly knows his stuff, but not everyone has been flying for 90 years and reads the FARs for pleasure. Im laughing now imagining avbug teaching someone to fly, oh lord.

I will say that avbug has helped me with interpeting the FAR's on more than one occasion. He knows a lot about the laws of aviation. I do agree that we all are not perfect and he could use a little attitude adjustment, so I would like to return the favor Avbug. Grab a playboy tonight instead of the Far/AIM.
Have a beer with dinner every now and then, and LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS. Nobody's going to call you psycho!

I'm coming down on the side of avbug.

He knows his stuff...period...and a lot can be learned from his posts. He's been around a lot longer than others on here, and should be respected for it.

Sure, you aren't always going to agree with the man, but who cares, you don't have to - he expresses opinions, and interpretations based on his experience, not yours or mine.

Avbug quite often gives great advice in an easy to understand and fact based manner. I applaud him for that, and appreciate his dedication to the art of flying and continued learning.

On the other hand, he can also come across as his god's gift to aviation. He tells tales of his exploits that would be unsafe or stupid for mere mortals, but he knows how to handle it safely (rolls eyes). He then continues on to tell other people they don't have the experience or skills to operate their airplane in such and such manner, or are unsafe for doing so, even when a large percentage of the pilot population does operate safely in exactly that manner. Pleeease.

You just need to learn how to skim his posts for possible facts, and avoid the lecture.

No problems here. Might not agree with everything but at least I read his posts with a keen interest in his point of view. Certainly better than some others that flame on this site. I would like meet the guy sometime as I suspect we have some comon friends in this business.

Last edited:
I never had an issue with the guy til he started spouting off at me about a certain approach into a certain airport that only certain operators are authorized to do....otherwise - it's just the internet & who knows if any of us are really who we say/think we are...LOL

I've been reading Avbug for a long time. In that time, I've decided that he is the real deal. He is who he says, and has done what he claims to have done.

He isn't politically correct. So what?

If I had to choose between spending a day discussing the finer points of aviation with someone, Avbug would be up there on my list.

enigma

BTW, I've been accused of being Avbug. Sorry, I ain't smart enough, and I am never going to fly a perfectly good airplane into a fire. But I'm glad that Avbug does, for all our sake.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back