• Start date
  • Watchers 18

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back in the day, when I was-- geez I hate to admit this-- considering a first-class membership on A.net...... I stumbled across all y'all single-into-IMC fruitcakes and haven't looked back.

My very first post was a technical question about landing gear, and avbug wrote me a novel with more information than I ever wanted to have on the subject. I remember being impressed and realizing that flightinfo was gonna be a priceless resource. I haven't been disappointed.

So thanks to avbug and the rest of you guys and girls for your experience, your wit, your dripping sarcasm, your overall pissiness, and your timely encouragement. It's cool to count myself among "the pilots."

-a Fellow Fruitcake

See look...

Avbug someone does like you and appreciate you.

Quickly, tear off the dress, loosen the noose in your closet; take your head out and look outside to see a beautiful new day!!!

Last edited:
BE90flyer said:
who thinks avbug is a obnoxious, know it all idiot?

No. You are not the only one.

FAR 91.6913b: Any pilot reading a post on an anonymous aviation Forum may take personal offense at the author of the post if

1) The reading airman is also a dweeb, or
2) The offense is compounded by severe cramping, or
3) The airman believes any other sane airman would care.

Many of us have been devastated by heinous personal attacks by Avbug. I myself have been driven to the brink of suicide by his caustic comments, 'cuz if there's one thing a professional aviator must do, it's allow an anonymous typist on a Fourm to get under his/her skin.

If you think Avbug is a troll....ignore him!

Good luck, and fish safe!

Avbug is yes very set in his ways and seems to have tons of experience. His knowledge is valuable. My problem with him is it seems if you don't do it his way or think his way you're just an idiot it seems or a "meathead."

The guy definitely knows his stuff though as he probly reads his FAR's on the toilet and as you can tell, he spends a lot of time there. Overall though, just ignore his posts if you don't like what he has to say like someone mentioned before. It is rather funny to see some of you getting into pissing matches on this board.

Brightspark, maybe. I don't recall having called anybody a meathead.

Dingbat, perhaps. Two bit four flushing indiscriminate clodhopper, yes. And a few other things.

But not meathead. It just doesn't have pizazz.

I once told a chick, (on the second date) that I was so attracted to her that she could give me herpes of the eyes and I wouldn't care. I didn't make it to a third date, which is unfortunate because I meant it.

I know this has nothing to do with the topic at hand, but it also has no business in the General section, so ... well... you get the point.

If I knew how to quote you from other threads I would but since I don't, I just had to copy and paste. This is from the Ag pilot thread that got blown up and most of the time just talked about stupid TCAS monkeys.

"Not exactly. I'm one of them. Several othes who posted here are, also, meathead. You haven't a clue what you're saying."

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=52414&page=3 about halfway down.

"Two bit four flushing indiscriminate clodhopper" <---Much better than meathead.

Jafar, that was so random. Stick to the Aladdin movies buddy.

to quote a bug.....

Quote:
He has a TCAS monkey to do traffic watch for him when he's spraying, so everyone was safe, whether they knew it or not. The monkey sleeps most of the time, but when Avbug is heading for the airport, the monkey grabs the sides of the seat from behind, pulls himself forward so that his chin is actually resting on Avbug's noggin, and the little feller keeps his head on a constant 225 degree swivel. When he sees traffic he gives a little screech, which get louder and more urgent the closer the aircraft is to Avbug and his TCAS monkey. When he sees Flight Instructors giving primary dual he goes absolute ape $hit, so Avbug was, of course, in a hurry to get on the ground to shut the little bastidge up.

Now that was funny. Service monkeys. They're not just for breakfast, any more.

As for those claiming that returning to land or load during ag ops isn't part of an operation...what are you thinking??

Dispensing operations include taking off, landing, taxiing, spraying, ferrying to the field, fueling, loading, ferrying back from the field, taking survey runs around the field, proficiency flights, repositioning flights to spray, etc. It's all part and parcel with running an ag operation...not just flying in close concert with the ground dispensing a chemical. It's also far more than just crop dusting...and yes, nonstandard patterns are normal, and expected.

Quote:
It's unbelievable that a lot of you are taking up for these guys. Evidently, you haven't had much personal experience with them.

Not exactly. I'm one of them. Several othes who posted here are, also, meathead. You haven't a clue what you're saying.
user_offline.gif

"H",

>>"Now that was funny. Service monkeys. They're not just for breakfast, any more."<<

Ahh, the "breakfast" joke. The most important joke of day! Skip it, and you'll start feeling peckish around 1400. [Insert Avbug comment on the origins of sidereal reckoning to determine local time here]

Ignore me,

O.R.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back