Am I ready for a regional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SeanAucoin

Hey everyone, just looking for some advice...

My Times are: 390 TT 20 ME

I've got my ATP written scheduled, along with my 1st class medical during the 1st week of February. I've already got a radio operators license....

I currently live in Fort Lauderdale, FL. But my family lives in Boston, MA (free housing)

Which regionals would be of interest to me? (so far I've looked at: Eagle and Colgan. Any others based on my times?

I was also wondering if anyone could help me with a resume. If you could PM me and look over it. (just wasent sure where to put a few items)

Are you ready for a regional? NO
Will one hire you anyways? Yes

Mesa, TSA or PSA may hire you at those times

Ready For What??????

Hey everyone, just looking for some advice...

My Times are: 390 TT 20 ME

I've got my ATP written scheduled, along with my 1st class medical during the 1st week of February. I've already got a radio operators license....

I currently live in Fort Lauderdale, FL. But my family lives in Boston, MA (free housing)

Which regionals would be of interest to me? (so far I've looked at: Eagle and Colgan. Any others based on my times?

I was also wondering if anyone could help me with a resume. If you could PM me and look over it. (just wasent sure where to put a few items)

Hey dude,can you fly an approach to minimums?? What about a circle to land approach?? If so, then YOU just mite be READY!!!!

My first thought would be NO WAY, however, upon further reflection, I'd say a lot depends on your training background and your own personal aptitudes. I certainly wasn't ready for an airline ground school when I was at those times--in fact I was barely ready to instruct!! In fact, airline training was a challenge for me even with 1200/100. But then again, I had a couple students of mine go to Peidmont with those kinds of times, and they seem to be doing just fine.

Anyway, it's really up to you because you could definitely get a job with a Colgan or a Piedmont with that type of experience (probably not Eagle though). It would just depend on how confident you are on your skills and your abilities to absorb a lot of complex information in a very short amount of time.

If it were me, I'd wait.

-Goose

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I know I dont have a lot of hours. The experience I do have has been very good (in my opinion), Cessna 402 night operation between nassau and FLL. Flown SIC in a hawker jet in and out of IAD.....

Regional checklist.

Low Time:

IPOD:

Backpack:

Oakleys:

Lots of Hairgel:

Parents basement:

Riddle Education:

Gulfstream Academy graduate:

Say dude alot:

If you can check six of the nine boxes, then the answer would be yes, you are ready for a regional.

Yeah, now that I think of it, flying light GA aircraft really has very little to do with flying heavier turbine equipment. They are similar, yet very different. I'm not going to come right out and say ab initio is the absolute way to go, but from where I am now, it seems like flight instructing is lacking as an experience builder--more like a time builder. Like the difference between 1000 hours of flight time or 1 hour of flight time repeated 1000 times! Just be careful, because you don't want to wash out of ground school. So get your study on! Best of luck!

-Goose

Regional checklist.

Low Time:

IPOD:

Backpack:

Oakleys:

Lots of Hairgel:

Parents basement:

Riddle Education:

Gulfstream Academy graduate:

Say dude alot:

If you can check six of the nine boxes, then the answer would be yes, you are ready for a regional.

Damn it, i can only check off 3!!!!!:bawling:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back