Alternator on The Seminole?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dueguard1 said:
Wow...........I post 1 question and I get completely insulted for asking it, In the training Forum At That!........some professional forum We've become here on Flightinfo!
GROW UP SIEGEL!

Well, there's a reason for that. Personally, I too was astonished and dismayed that somone claiming to hold a CFII and MEI certificate and, to have logged a thousand hours is asking a question like this. I mean, Jesus H CHrist on a popsicle stick, this stuff is basic private pilot stuff.

dueguard1 said:
Can Someone give me some information on what systems are powered by the alternator on the Seminole?

Like USMCMech said, the electric ones. If you don't know which systems on a seminole are electrical, you probably shouldn't be flying one, and certainly not teaching others how to fly one.

dueguard1 said:
Yea...Basically whether it's the vacum pumps, comms, fuel pump,etc. ....what systems are functional, or not functional when the alternator is operating properly???

The vacuum pumps are not electrical, (unless there's an optional electric standby vaccum source installed, which is unlikely) that again is just basic private pilot ground school stuff.

If you're embarrased that you're getting criticized, you need to think about *why* you're getting criticized, not rail against those who are criticizing you.

It wasn't a personal attack. It just makes me feel pretty crappy that their are instructors out there that get such a poor aviation education and get to the CFI/CFII/MEI level and can't answer a basic question. I would slap one of my private pilot or instrument students upside the head if they asked me a question like you asked.

siegelaviation said:
I would slap one of my private pilot or instrument students upside the head if they asked me a question like you asked.
I wonder what the FOI would have to say about that method of teaching. ;)

Haven't had to do it yet. By the third lesson my students know the systems and engine inside out. I get an A&P to give them a nice long lesson on what they are looking at in the cowling and how everything interacts.

Last edited:
siegelaviation said:
Haven't had to do it yet. By the third lesson my students know the systems and engine inside out. I get an A&P to give them a nice long lesson on what they are looking at in the cowling and how everything interacts.
I think this is a great idea. My most lacking area of knowledge is systems and how everything works. I would encourage all instructors to do something similar to siegel if it is an option.

For the busses, remember:
BATMAN - Battery, Avionics #1, Tie, Main, Avionics #2, Nonessential.

Its one of the few mnemomics that I really like and actually remember.

GreatChecko

this Q ties up there with if i lose the alternator will the prop start turning?

ranks up there with the girl who at (pick your univirsity flight school) decided to put a plane down in a field when she got a low votage light VFR day......

wait were you that person?

Kream926 said:
this Q ties up there with if i lose the alternator will the prop start turning?

ranks up there with the girl who at (pick your univirsity flight school) decided to put a plane down in a field when she got a low votage light VFR day......

wait were you that person?

Hey! I found said girl in the field, while on a lesson with a student. Kind of creepy getting asked my radar to fly this heading and "look" for a downed aircraft.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back