• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alternating Current vs Direct Current

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
High voltage AC could be transmitted over long distances with lower voltage drops (thus greater transmission efficiency), and then conveniently stepped down to low voltages for use in homes and factories. When Tesla introduced a system for alternating current generators, transformers, motors, wires, and lights in November and December of 1887, it became clear that AC was the future of electric power distribution.High voltage AC could be transmitted over long distances with lower voltage drops (thus greater transmission efficiency), and then conveniently stepped down to low voltages for use in homes and factories. When Tesla introduced a system for alternating current generators, transformers, motors, wires, and lights in November and December of 1887, it became clear that AC was the future of electric power distribution.From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A-Squared is saying exactly what the article affirms.

Originally Posted by Col. W.E. Kurtz
I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream. That's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight... razor... and surviving.

Wow, strange. I'm watching Apocalypse Now while reading this thread and FN FAL quotes it.

Of course, as much as FN FAL posts it was bound to happen.

DrewBlows said:
Wow, strange. I'm watching Apocalypse Now while reading this thread and FN FAL quotes it.

Of course, as much as FN FAL posts it was bound to happen.
I have an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of typewriters, with an infinite supply of paper...we aim to please, but your donations of beer would help.

Latest resources

Back