Alpha Flyning /Plane Sense

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Wrenchnfly

Just wondering what is new with this company. How do the new bases work? Are there planes/crews there? How are the benefits. I see medical insurance it first day. What is the cost? Is the upgrade still a year? Would love to hear the good and the bad. So far most sounds good.

Thanks

Just wondering what is new with this company. How do the new bases work? Are there planes/crews there? How are the benefits. I see medical insurance it first day. What is the cost? Is the upgrade still a year? Would love to hear the good and the bad. So far most sounds good.

Thanks

New pilot bases in Atlanta (PDK) and Ft. Lauderdale I believe. Low pay relative to a regional but you get to see a lot of destinations you might never see otherwise - short strips, etc. I hear the Pilatus is a blast to fly too. Go for it!

Im not from the company but I think the pay is pretty good...something like 27k first year for FO's then for some reason I think it goes up to 40k once up graded but you have to sign a 2 year contract. Which is good anyways because the company seems to be doing well with their fast growth and they are hiring like mad last I saw. They have a good group of pilots, most are really nice guys/girls and appear to enjoy their job. The PC-12 is a blast to fly, awesome performance and the new PC-12 next generation commming out will be even better, kick ass avionics and some increased speed. I know they are moving to Portsmouth shortly (October I think) they will have their own hangars and operation right out of there so it will be an even better situation come the Fall...according to the pilots I've spoken to. Good luck! if you go for it Ill probably run into you down in the Boston area!

Im not from the company but I think the pay is pretty good...something like 27k first year for FO's then for some reason I think it goes up to 40k once up graded but you have to sign a 2 year contract. Which is good anyways because the company seems to be doing well with their fast growth and they are hiring like mad last I saw. They have a good group of pilots, most are really nice guys/girls and appear to enjoy their job. The PC-12 is a blast to fly, awesome performance and the new PC-12 next generation commming out will be even better, kick ass avionics and some increased speed. I know they are moving to Portsmouth shortly (October I think) they will have their own hangars and operation right out of there so it will be an even better situation come the Fall...according to the pilots I've spoken to. Good luck! if you go for it Ill probably run into you down in the Boston area!

Crap, for "some reason" fly for free if its that good. Let me guess "your just happy to have a job"
Insane.. Dude this is your career, not your hobby..damm

I thought 40k wasn't too bad, I could be wrong though. In the meantime I think its a pretty good company to work for, besides 40k will get you by around the NH, MA,ME area. you can get places in maine dirt cheap too...if you happen to go up there drop me a line and Ill try to help yah out.

40k for a captain? I don't care what you fly, that is piss poor. I'm pretty sure that a first year NetJets FO shows at least that that on their W-2.

I thought 40k wasn't too bad, I could be wrong though. In the meantime I think its a pretty good company to work for, besides 40k will get you by around the NH, MA,ME area. you can get places in maine dirt cheap too...if you happen to go up there drop me a line and Ill try to help yah out.

you can't be serious

Yah, the pay there is a joke. If you want to live in mid to northern New Hampshire, that's the only place you'll be able to afford a home. Otherwise, the pay probably goes farther in GA and FL. But it's still lousy pay either way you shake it. The two-year contract for a single engine turbine is laughable. However, if people are willing to sign it, why should the company change its policy?? I believe the FO's have to sign a contract as well. One and a half years the last I heard.

They are hurting for pilots and probably for some of the concerns posters have mentioned. With 4000+ hours I'd think there would be better options for you.

Mr. I.

The worst thing is that it is a dead end job. You'll get loads of single-engine turbine time, which is basically worthless to most other companies. I've talked to Alpha pilots who desperately want to leave to go to either a jet fractional or an airline but can't because they don't have the multi-engine time.

I agree that the PCXII would be an awesome airplane to fly, but I wouldn't recommend the company unless you want to be flying PCXIIs for a long, long time.

Latest resources

Back