• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA's take on the UsAir merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a direct reaction by management in response to the "sick out". If that is what ultimately works in the end, why do we need ALPA?

It's your lucky day! I'm not gonna club you like a baby seal for your lame logic. I'll simply point out that the achievements, however they were prompted, resulted from a negotiation and ratification by ALPA.

You can PM me with your effusive thanks at my mercy.

Nope. But they are the ones who are finally not budging an inch on an issue (despite all of the threats) that they feel is right (in the post 911 era).

Got it! The barn doors are now securely latched and triple-bolted.

How many horses are left inside?

Have a nice day.

Wilco! Right back 'atcha!

I have officially escaped. I got the letter today. I declined a return to AAA and couldnt feel better about it. I will closely follow your quest for a FAIR integration, if it ever happens.

For now, get parity and keep EARNING a profit while the west loses money as usual. I hope and pray that something positive comes of this abortion of a decision.

Stay strong, fight the good fight, and know that some of us that chose not to return wish you everything that you DESERVE. Something you didnt get with the nicoldoodle award.

Fights ON!

sgmick;1387695 For now said:
The level of ignorance on these boards can be downright depressing...Did you look under the surface of the quarterly results? Are you aware that many Us Airways charges were billed to the America West certificate? Do you realize that a large amount of AWA revenue is credited to US Airways???

Most amusing is your statement "for now, get parity and keep earning a profit...." Do you think Parker would just hand over parity without a joint contract? He has stated MULTIPLE times that he will not grant parity without a joint contract. He may be reckless and unlikeable but the guy is not an idiot...

I have officially escaped. I got the letter today. I declined a return to AAA and couldnt feel better about it. I will closely follow your quest for a FAIR integration, if it ever happens.

For now, get parity and keep EARNING a profit while the west loses money as usual. I hope and pray that something positive comes of this abortion of a decision.

Stay strong, fight the good fight, and know that some of us that chose not to return wish you everything that you DESERVE. Something you didnt get with the nicoldoodle award.

Fights ON!

What did they deserve, to staple the west? They're earning a profit only because the company decided to grow a little internationally on their side, and gain a hell of alot of feed from west of the mississippi. Not to metion the fact that there even STILL here all because the west was willing to stick their neck out and merge. The west deserves a little something too for all they've GIVEN UP don't forget. BTW good choice, and good luck.

WOW! Being proud of being the bottom, US pilots sure of proud of their stand. Great place to put in an app. Over and over give up RJ's, flush you junior guys's, wave over your shoulder at the pension; yeah you guys really stood up for the profession. You want sympathy now? I actually know a few guys over there that are great. But we should all feel bad because your former scope allowed RJ's to take over so many mainline jobs? You are not alone, Delta had the first but US made it Cool to fly on rented metal. You US guys crack me up its about you until it's about you. Your MEC lies to you; not just this seniority thing but all through your history and you think , "yeah, this is a good idea". Wake up! You are losing money in your wallet. The profession is in the tank and your leaders are leading with the word "RUN". I'm sure all ALPA members and the profession at large are thinking that maybe US is not the leader we need now. US-AW was supposed to be the first, but with these guys; well, maybe CO or UA or even NW will pull us out of this mess. US pilots or more imortantaly their leadership has once again done nothing to further the profession. Let them know what you think. ALPA does'nt follow their own rules, why should we follow their's?

Oh, if you're an AAA pilot, you're thinking that there may be a few horses left in the barn...OVER!

Cool. Now we have a common wish that could (be still my quaking heart!) lead to an awkward, but satisfyingly fraternal cyber-hug between us!

I think there are some fundamental things left that AAA pilots (East & West) can build upon...but only if they decide to work together. From this outsider's view, however, it looks like the rancor between the groups is giving AAA management a major woodie.

And that's sad.

I have officially escaped. I got the letter today. I declined a return to AAA and couldnt feel better about it.

Mind posting your DOH at U and what you're doing now (might help me have more perspective with which to make a decision....)?

Bingo!!!! We have a Winner.

Not sure, but it appears from the outside that they have a 'list' that basically means NOTHING. Even if they get National to give it to the company, the AWA guys can pin it up on the wall and stare at it, but it still means Nothing without a combined contract.

DA

While it is correct that, because of the Transistion Agreement Both sides have to work towards and agree on a contract before the list is used.

At last weeks JNC meeting where Mr Stephans stated that they "are not interested and will not participate i anything that accelerates the acceptance of the Nic list"

As he is making it clear since he said it TWICE that he doesn't intend on living up to the Trans Agreement. Just how long do you think the Company will allow him to hide behind it???

Latest resources

Back