• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately, the pilot and lift supply at the regional level is not as of yet scarce. Face it, we (regional lift and pilots) are a commodity and the fundamentals don't point toward paying a premium for a ubiquitous service. The dissolution of places such as Comair, and those pilots fleeing places like Endeavor for other contract lift providers have kept applicant pools full at other regionals. This could all change very quickly, but at the moment they're not yet feeling the pinch. Ironically, if somewhere like Lakes folds due to staffing, or an airline much like Endeavor is shrinking we're looking at a market of less and less jobs for the same number of pilots. Until hiring at the majors can outstrip fleet reductions at the regional level things won't be very rosy.

Your profile suggests you fly for Republic. If so, I hear you guys have a hard time filling classes now, you still have plenty of 50 seaters at CHQ that could leave, and the MX on the Dashes hasn't helped. What will happen when the retirements really start and legacy hiring increases? Also, you guys need a new contract to attract anyone with quality.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Your profile suggests you fly for Republic. If so, I hear you guys have a hard time filling classes now, you still have plenty of 50 seaters at CHQ that could leave, and the MX on the Dashes hasn't helped. What will happen when the retirements really start and legacy hiring increases? Also, you guys need a new contract to attract anyone with quality.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think Republic has already hit its peak. We've been in a downhill slide ever since this whole Midwest/Frontier fiasco. Yeah we've got orders for a bunch of shiny new RJs, but the only way we can staff them is by parking other planes. Anyone with a pulse and a pilot certificate qualifies for employment here, yet folks are leaving faster than they can be replaced. A new contract would be nice, but with our entire NC pushed outta the game so national can steamroll a concessionary contract through, I'm not holding my breath for anything worth reading.

I recently heard that over here on the Xjt crj side we are scrapping the absolute bottom of the barrel. DUI and/or convictions are not a problem- in fact the lack of quality has sparked a conversation regarding ATP's being of "good moral character". There is also the problem of flying into Canada.
Some new hires are pretty sharp but others are requiring double the number of training sims- yet another unexpected cost...

UAL wanted to give us several thousand more block hours but we turned them down due to staffing issues- I assume on the Erj side.

I don't work for Republic, and my company is easily filling it's classes.
Agreed, Companies with the worst contracts and/or least opportunities will feel the pinch first.

I already have a very a nice letter from a mainline, and will be leaving in the coming months.

Then mainline carriers are getting more "100 seaters", like DL getting 717s
Bye Bye---General Lee

Just don't give in to RA again Jenny for $$$$ when he wants the scope limit expanded, again. Do us all a favor and at least hold the present line.

Yeah, he gone. I heard he lives outside of Auburn now.

Haha! Not even close to Awwwbern. But, it is one of the better places to live in Alabama w/ a great public school system. Yes put out to pasture in Aug and don't miss it a bit!?well, maybe the free USA Today. :)

Keep up the fight against corporate greed, I'm pulling for y'all!

Don't miss it one bit, huh? Just stumbled across the regionals section of FI on your way to AARP.com?

Why does ALPA suck so bad? Ask any US Airways East pilot. They booted them right off the property.

That's worked out great for them, huh? :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back