Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA votes 18 to 1 to throw out AAA/AWA award!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey now you are gonna piss me off!!! Just kidding... Triumph provides the quality and price that is right for me. Not a big fan of the Japanese stuff. Not that it is bad but it seems eveyone has one. Harley makes you survive some kind of ritualistic beating before you are allowed to purchase one. I'm no fighter... BTW how come you harley pukes never wave? Are you too good or something?

Triumph bikes are nice, and I wave, even to Honda's. I don't diss another
guys ride ever, that would be rude, kinda like taking someones retirements away from him, but I could not resist this opportunity, for obvious reasons.

I have had my fun raining on your parade.

Later, ride safe.

Last edited:
Maybe it will stand but it will never be implemented. "Time to move on"?
Ummm, don't think that is happening is it? 500 pilots showing up at Herndon the other day, not looking good for just moving on. Pretty representative of some east resolve I would say.

It will stand and it will be implemented. Prater has misled you into thinking otherwise.

There were 400 US pilots in Herdon, but some of you easties seem to exaggerate a little.

East resolve or not, BINDING arbitration is um.....BINDING. Game over, time to move on.

You break into a guys house and protest that he is a sleaze bag pushing you around? Gimme a break

Kind of like when you refuse to negotiate then agree to binding arbitration and when the results are not what you wanted you want to negotiate?? Gimme a break...

What on the earth are you talking about? Unless you're one buff geezer I think you'd have trouble pushing around a 6'3" 220lb young dude. Me thinks you need some serious mental help.

HA HA HA HA HA HA! This coming from someone who has a kitty kat as his avatar!:laugh: :laugh:

If they try and do anything then the West owns ALPA.

HAAAaaaa!!!...excuse me while I wipe the coffee off of my monitor. I thought you were referring to the HP pilots "owning" somthing...

Yeah they're historically real hard nosed guys...have owned management in all of their contract negotiations...

Prater is in stall mode, if he drops the big one like Truman on AAA pilots now they will try to ditch ALPA and force his hand to take control of the union which I believe nobody would want to do. Just delay and ask the kids to talk to come to an agreement and get back in late June when the wound might have a scab on it. Both sides will not give and ALPA will have to eventually state what it has to say, Binding is Binding and the rules were followed and your view of windfall is not our view of windfall, but the only view that matters has spoken(Arbitrator).
Mob mentality can not force a decision to be reversed or else the entire legal system would turn into organized crime. Meanwhile the East has walked away from the JNC table and has started the recall game to get the true cause of your arbitration failure. Class action lawsuits, politician resolutions and other forms of the grieving process will follow, but the list will stand, they have always seen reactions like these before, but they have also never been touched. Take the emotion out of your posts and the end game might start to evolve, it's a buisness. Time to enjoy the weekend, peace out!

At most the integration might be tweaked a little. Both sides agree to slightly higher fences and maybe a 3/1 bid on wide bodied flying for a few years. This will be done just to create the impression that the east has won something. ALPA national will not void an arbitrators decision when both sides agreed to binding arbitration. At the end of the day the east will go along with the integration and move on. They didn't take draconian concessions and loss of their pensions just to lose it all over a ratio list integration.

At most the integration might be tweaked a little. Both sides agree to slightly higher fences and maybe a 3/1 bid on wide bodied flying for a few years. This will be done just to create the impression that the east has won something. ALPA national will not void an arbitrators decision when both sides agreed to binding arbitration. At the end of the day the east will go along with the integration and move on. They didn't take draconian concessions and loss of their pensions just to lose it all over a ratio list integration.

I wouldn't be so sure.

ALPA National is feeling A LOT of heat these days being portrayed as a powerless/outdated entity (with the overwhelming evidence that back up those accusations).

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is the fight they decide to sink their teeth into.

Especially when it comes to AWA...the perceived red headed step child of the airline industry. Visions of Doug doing a carpet dance on Capital Hill come to mind...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back