Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA votes 18 to 1 to throw out AAA/AWA award!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't be so sure.

ALPA National is feeling A LOT of heat these days being portrayed as a powerless/outdated entity (with the overwhelming evidence that back up those accusations).

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this is the fight they decide to sink their teeth into.

Especially when it comes to AWA...the perceived red headed step child of the airline industry. Visions of Doug doing a carpet dance on Capital Hill come to mind...

Malarky.

If this arbitrators decision could be made "optional", then arbitration would be rendered pointless.

The game is over, the losers are crying foul because they lost. Binding arbitration is binding. AWA could just as easily dump ALPA and then sue them too.

It won't happen. Prater will say he tried, but that legally he's nutless on this issue.

It'll be a relief to watch the crying child leave though. Not because I hate U guys, it's just its irritating to watch grown men throw temper tantrums when they don't get the toy (seniority) they wanted after mommy (Nicolau) has taken them out of the store.

The rest of us shoppers aren't affected by the angry child then.

It'll be a relief to watch the crying child leave though. .

And just how is the "crying child" going to leave?

Won't East and West pilots share the cockpit for years no matter what happens?

That aint gonna be a purdy picture no matter how you cut it...no sireee bobareeno...

That aint gonna be a purdy picture no matter how you cut it...no sireee bobareeno...

Probably not. The only folks willing to voluntarily jump into the lions den in pursuit of an upgrade most likely know what they are getting themselves into and will behave themselves. A forced move (which is not an AWA tradition) could make the mix more volatile, but I think more people will simply take the opportunity closest to home (at least for the first few years) in essence building a voluntary fence.

Malarky.

If this arbitrators decision could be made "optional", then arbitration would be rendered pointless.

The game is over, the losers are crying foul because they lost. Binding arbitration is binding. AWA could just as easily dump ALPA and then sue them too.

It won't happen. Prater will say he tried, but that legally he's nutless on this issue.

It'll be a relief to watch the crying child leave though. Not because I hate U guys, it's just its irritating to watch grown men throw temper tantrums when they don't get the toy (seniority) they wanted after mommy (Nicolau) has taken them out of the store.

The rest of us shoppers aren't affected by the angry child then.

(THANK GOOD GOOD) I don't have a dog in this fight, but you have to wonder what the Cactus guys' position would have been had this outcome gone the other way?! Would they have just rolled over (most likely hpilot), and just said, well, its an arbitrators decision, or put up a fight like the east?!

Quite glad we never became part of Parker's cluster *^#&!

The only reason the ruling appears to have gone the "west way" is because the east was so far out of bounds and unyielding from the get go. That is just this numbnut's opinion, thats all.

No, there will be no negotiating, just demands made and ultimatums now.
"Sonny?" Real cute, considering I am an old geezer out east.

If we rot out east, so will you, remember where the revenue comes from.
We can't get hurt any worse than we are already by this lopsided award and we intend to fix it. Maybe we will get hurt maybe not, kinda keeps you up
at night huh? What a dancing partner you have.

Hey "Old Geezer". Did you forget to take your dementia meds this morning?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Pilots will (and for the most part HAVE) come to work as professionals. SCAB Captains at CAL have survived (so has CAL), so yes some animosity in 5 years when junior U guys actually might fly with an AWA captain would go the same route as every other merger conflict.

They could cause a cockpit problem and risk their jobs I suppose, but that would be the extreme minority.

Besides, their anger should be at the arbitrator who didn't see things their way and not with the other pilots who did not make the decision. They will be blaming other pilots for the arbitrator's decision.

(THANK GOOD GOOD) I don't have a dog in this fight, but you have to wonder what the Cactus guys' position would have been had this outcome gone the other way?! Would they have just rolled over (most likely hpilot), and just said, well, its an arbitrators decision, or put up a fight like the east?!

Quite glad we never became part of Parker's cluster *^#&!

They would've been in the same position as the U guys..........unhappy with the decision, but helpless to change it.

They could threaten to oust ALPA, but that won't change it. Prater can't change it. The two sides will meet, disagree and ALPA cannot do a damn thing about it.

Maybe the U guys could ask for a dues increase from all members to offset perceived pay loss ?

Latest resources

Back