Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA VIDEO of AirTran pilots at shareholder meeting/Nice Job!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This was a first time ALPA event for the AirTran pilots. It was very well organized and planned out. I think as more AirTran pilots see this kind of organized activity more will get involved in the future. With the 95% voter turnout to vote for which union would represent AirTran pilots. With the 100 so pilots that turned out for the first ever picketing event at AirTran in Atlanta at the airport. Now this event at the shareholder meeting. The last couple of months have been busy and exciting. The union is changing and I believe is getting stronger. With the ALPA resources and support, more pilots are getting involved. This pilot group is learning and growing and that is important given their past.

"three dozen"?

I hope you like your contract for many more years to come. It took us, (Alaska) 2.5 years to get a contract and we had well over 500 pilots, from the three bases, show at two different shareholder meetings.

I'm sure management had a good laugh today.

Do some research before you open your big mouth again.

Do some research before you open your big mouth again.

There is no need for comments like this. If you know that the video didn't capture all the picketers - just say so and share the numbers.

Welcome to ALPA and remember the more we fight against each other the weaker our Union is.

"three dozen"?

I hope you like your contract for many more years to come. It took us, (Alaska) 2.5 years to get a contract and we had well over 500 pilots, from the three bases, show at two different shareholder meetings.

I'm sure management had a good laugh today.

Kindly eat sh!t . . . . Go pat yourself on the back elsewhere, jerkoff. No wonder you had so many show up . . . You guys gave up more in the last five years than we will likely see in gains. Congratulations on getting some of it back, you hypocritical c@cxksucker.

This isn't directed at Alaska pilots, just at a particular doosh that probably gets bid around quite a bit.

Ty

Kindly eat sh!t . . . . Go pat yourself on the back elsewhere, jerkoff. No wonder you had so many show up . . . You guys gave up more in the last five years than we will likely see in gains. Congratulations on getting some of it back, you hypocritical c@cxksucker.

This isn't directed at Alaska pilots, just at a particular doosh that probably gets bid around quite a bit.

Ty

and what gains have you seen dip$1t.

There is no need for comments like this. If you know that the video didn't capture all the picketers - just say so and share the numbers.

Welcome to ALPA and remember the more we fight against each other the weaker our Union is.

Oh really but there is a need for comments like those from "Ocity'? All he needed to do was ask us about the picket but he choose instead to run his big mouth in ridicule. So please don't lecture me how I should behave talk to your buddy 'Ocity".
Thanks for the welcome to ALPA but I have been here before so nothing new for me. This is their opportunity to prove themselves to myself and the pilots of AirTran. We shall see.

Ty

Perhaps you should check out your new HIMS program. BTW, binding arbitration isn't a "give back". It was taken. The fact remains, until you guys get unified and show massive force, (i don't care what the "plan" was, it was weak) you'll never get anywhere.

Perhaps you should check out your new HIMS program. BTW, binding arbitration isn't a "give back". It was taken. The fact remains, until you guys get unified and show massive force, (i don't care what the "plan" was, it was weak) you'll never get anywhere.

Yet another FI expert. Thanks for your insight and expertise, we are all truly thankful you take the time to educate us.
Now how about this? Mind your own damn business and keep you moronic opinions to yourself.

Fellows lets tone it down a little. Alaska and AirTran may become one big happy family real soon.

Ocity, ALPA and our union leadership are working together to put the most effective strategy to help the AirTran pilots accomplish their goal. They had a target number they were looking for to participate and they exceeded it. Did this event get the attention of the shareholders, you bet your ass it did. It was well organized and planned. If you look at the video, you will see how organized and how good that group looked out there. I was very proud of what I saw and know it is the beginning FINALLY of good things to come for this group as we get more guys onboard. Ocity, you have to realize AirTran is still a very young company. Many pilots are intimidated by the past actions of this management. The NPA did not have the resources to standup to this and many pilots knew this and were afraid to get involved. Positive well organized events like we witnessed at the shareholders meeting is a start and should have a positive impact on getting more pilots involved.

Latest resources

Back