Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA VIDEO of AirTran pilots at shareholder meeting/Nice Job!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it just me or did all of the pilots ditch their Airtran wings, ties, and hat pins for generic versions? Somebody is trying to be clever.... Good luck guys.

Is it just me or did all of the pilots ditch their Airtran wings, ties, and hat pins for generic versions? Somebody is trying to be clever.... Good luck guys.

The MEC said that the company would not allow them to wear the full uniform. Sounds like scare tactics.

GO GET EM!

Last edited:
"three dozen"?

I hope you like your contract for many more years to come. It took us, (Alaska) 2.5 years to get a contract and we had well over 500 pilots, from the three bases, show at two different shareholder meetings.

I'm sure management had a good laugh today.

It's all that the union asked for...

Small steps. Going from a scared NPA that called off a picketing event to an organized group of 3 dozen in just a few short months isn't bad at all. Next time, maybe we can add a zero behind that number.

Remember, the AirTran ALPA is brand new (not even a month yet), not the decades-old MEC that Alaska has. That kind of infrastructure doesn't just pop up. You guys provided a great lead over there, and we're working on it as well.

Thanks for the support.

"three dozen"?

I hope you like your contract for many more years to come. It took us, (Alaska) 2.5 years to get a contract and we had well over 500 pilots, from the three bases, show at two different shareholder meetings.

I'm sure management had a good laugh today.

The MEC didn't want a big event. They didn't even put out any details about what was going to happen. They just sent out emails telling people to call the SPC Chairman if they were interested in going to the event. He got together the number of people that the MEC wanted to go, and he organized a great event. It wasn't supposed to be a huge event that shut down traffic outside and disrupted the shareholders meeting, it was just supposed to be a wakeup call to management that they can't tell us where we can and can't go. They got the message.

Latest resources

Back