ALPA Takes Action on AIT and Crewpass

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe,

ACL65PILOT is right. The only way to go through CASS for the JS is after having gone through "security" screening. I do believe that you're on the right track. Why not have security screening (ie: Crewpass) and CASS all in one? The current "security" screening process is just a dog and pony show!

So CASS is good enough to let me into the cockpit, where I have access to the controls and to a crash axe, but not go around security. Sorry, but that kind of logic only makes sense to a beaurocrat in a large federal agency.

No it's not. You have already been through security when you gain access to the cockpit. You do not know enough about this, big surprise, to be commenting intelligently.

CASS is not an approved permanent process from the TSA for permanent alternate screening access.
:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

His administration CREATED the homeland security department and wrote the REGULATIONS governing the TSA. He and Tom Ridge created this massive monster with the help of a REPUBLICAN congress. Who else is there to blame here? What revisionism are you operating under?

Actually, there is plenty of blame to go to St. Reagan.....

His union busting and creation of the corporate welfare state was the foundation for Bush....

Back to crewpass... as apathetic and self serving airline pilots are.... when it came time to have some "balls" I am sure everyone will sheepishly be obedient slave wages and go for the radiation or rape....

It is not like the Americans protest like the French.....

Instead of merely complaining to the media about the changed procedures or writing to you with advice on the security screening options that you already know, I decided to try to change the U.S. government’s decisions.

Yours in Solidarity,

John Prater, President

ALPA: The Pilots Union

Whatever...

More political mumbo jumbo from Herndon.

APA and "Complaining to the media" was SOMETHING. Unlike ALPA, that now, feeling pressure, feels that it must act (by issuing a statement :rolleyes:).

Very transparent Prater...very transparent.

We 'regular Joe' line-pilots aren't as think as you dumb we are!

There is one, many times two, TSA people monitoring the exits of all security areas. Just set up a lane for uniformed on duty crew only and this guy at the exit, who's just sitting anyway, can check IDs against CASS.

Ah but you neglect to mention the vital responsibility of the 2nd person at the exit area. It is critical is to monitor that the 1st person is doing there job and not distracted by sadistic text messages. Remember this hero that is our last line of defense against terrorists...

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-01-07/...rity-breach-tsa-unidentified-man?_s=PM:TRAVEL

This whole thing could be resolved very easily by... announcing that after November 23, 2010 Pilots will decline the AIT, will request a private screening...Crew Pass would be here before you can say "show some balls".
Bingo. We have a winner. Well said.

Let's see, ALPA 50,000 pilots multiplied by $50.00/pilot = $2,500,000 annual fee. Only $6,849/day for all pilots / 50000 ALPA pilots = .13 cents per day per pilot ! GMAFB !

Unless my math is wrong, that amount is doable by ALPA, Airlines or even the TSA !

If that's too expensive than the TSA can just give us a freebie like all the other airport employees get, and let us access through the same access points as caterers, ramp workers, mechanics, fast food workers,ect.....

Actually, there is plenty of blame to go to St. Reagan.....

His union busting and creation of the corporate welfare state was the foundation for Bush....

Back to crewpass... as apathetic and self serving airline pilots are.... when it came time to have some "balls" I am sure everyone will sheepishly be obedient slave wages and go for the radiation or rape....

It is not like the Americans protest like the French.....
Rez O. Liberal has a point ya know. Ain't no airline pilots going to walk over this. Boxes have to be checked first, yadda yadda. There are rules that have to be followed leading up to a strike. And you know how we good little pilots must follow the rules (while management works the rules in their favor to rape and pillage).

Most ALPA members have no right to degrade the French by using the "Frogs" epithet. They've struck more in the last two months to attempt to better their situation, whatever situation that may be, than US airline pilots have in the last 2 decades.

Now follow the rules and walk through the scanner.

I'll opt for the grope. However, I'll make sure to work up a woody before getting felt up.

Really? That is your idea of having "balls"?

How about beginning (pick a date), Pilots will decline any and all screenings beyond positive identification. PERIOD. End of story, set the brakes. (That is having "balls".)

Your logic train is a bit flawed there Sparky. If we don't get through security, how are we going to "set the brakes"?

Latest resources

Back