• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alpa Strikes Back!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will someone please post the salaries that theses people make. It would be a laugh to see what they are striking over since most of the majors and regionals have taken it in the shorts

D

YO KING Beeeeeeeyyyyyyoooocccchhhhhhhheeeeee

StaySeated said:
Take a deep breath and think about this for a minute. ALPA is a union. Everyone that works as staff for that union, is also a part of an organized labor group. Additionally, all outsourced work (i.e. printing, mailing, etc) must also be completed by a unionized work force.

I'm with ya! Sometimes the simplest concepts are the most difficult for some to understand. Unit 2 is facing a concessionary contract, and they disagree with the method of achieving the necessary cuts.

It's a good job because ALPA is a good employer and takes care of it's employees. To do otherwise would the ne plus ultra of hypocrisy. This will be a transition contract for Unit 2, and issues such as premium sharing for health care are a tough nut to crack.

The net result will probably be that other pilot unions that use ALPA's professional services (Aeromedical, Economic and Financial Analysis, etc) will have to pay more for them.

So laugh it up all you American and Southwest pilots...invoice to follow!:laugh:

Lear,

I loved that part about "used to be a regional guy." But I only worked as a captain, after my 727 job tanked..

Give me a break, so being a captain at a regional makes it better? And you weren't working for $hit wages then? Look, you are as big a whore as all of those others you keep complaining about. But since you aren't working there now, it is OK to give those guys a load of crap about defending the profession.. What a loser...

After reading your post, it is obvious what an uniformed idiot that you really are. You are blaming ALPA national for crappy contracts that the individual union negotiated and ratified? And somehow this is ALPA's fault? Don't get me wrong, but the problem really sits with people like you that have taken these crappy jobs. We all pay our dues to get the better jobs, I chose the military, you obviously "whored yourself" out to the regionals.

Your understanding of business is extremely limited. Quit blaming bad contracts on ALPA, but the people that are ratifying these deals. When there are people like you that are willing to work for less, companies will continue to pay people poorly. Supply and demand....

Last edited:
furloughed dude said:
Lear,

I loved that part about "used to be a regional guy." But I only worked as a captain, after my 727 job tanked..

Give me a break, so being a captain at a regional makes it better?
Yes, refusing to take a job as an F/O at a regional does make it better. If people stopped doing it, the wages would have to go up. What part of that don't you understand? Simple supply and demand, isn't that what you referred to at the end of your last post? Maybe you should think about it again.

And you weren't working for $hit wages then?
No, my W-2 last year was a little over $80,000 at PCL. Not fantastic, but not bad for a 50 seat RJ.

Look, you are as big a whore as all of those others you keep complaining about. But since you aren't working there now, it is OK to give those guys a load of crap about defending the profession.. What a loser...
Ummm... where did I say I was giving my previous coworkers a bunch of crap? What an unintuitive leap, jacka*s. I was giving ALPA a rash of sh*t for Duane's hypocritical "NO MORE CONCESSIONARY CONTRACTS" claim then the very carrier Duane works for takes a huge hit. Get it straight, moron.

After reading your post, it is obvious what an uniformed idiot that you really are.
"Uniformed" idiot? What kind of wings go with that UNIFORM?

Who was the idiot again? I forget... If you're going to debate, at least APPEAR intelligent while doing so. ;)

You are blaming ALPA national for crappy contracts that the individual union negotiated and ratified? And somehow this is ALPA's fault?
Not completely, but partially, yes. Regional MEC's are pretty much the epitome of "the blind leading the blind." Pilots who have no CLUE how to negotiate contracts are in there against professional union-busters and attorneys. ALPA bears the responsibility to draw a bottom line and say "Here's the starting point, boys. I know you're new at this and you've only been TRAINED to fly airplanes, but this is the bottom, work up from here." And yes, I served on various committees almost my entire time at PCL and I'm not new to how ALPA works.

Don't get me wrong, but the problem really sits with people like you that have taken these crappy jobs. We all pay our dues to get the better jobs, I chose the military, you obviously "whored yourself" out to the regionals.
How could I get you wrong, you sanctimonious pr*ck? I busted my a*s going to college, flight instructing, flying King Airs, then Lears, then the 727 before losing my job, then refused to take anything less than a CA job somewhere, yet you have the fu*king GALL to tell me I "whored myself" out?

You better point that "holier-than-thou" finger somewhere else.

Your understanding of business is extremely limited.
So that's why I have two successful businesses outside of aviation, because my understanding of business is extremely limited. *snicker* OK, what you said.

You really do need to get a clue before you go spouting off a bunch of bullsh*t about me when you don't know me from Adam.

Deuce130 said:
So, will ALPA conduct a sympathetic strike against itself?

No, I'm thinking they will recommend to themselves that they give concessions....hehe...yeah, right!

hehe..this will be fun to watch.

AC560 said:
Only in offices of 70 desks or less.
NO NO NO.......

That was the old rule.... now its Only in offices of 70 cubicals or less and "SIX" offices with windows for the first class...eerrrrr.... I mean executives;):D:D:laugh:.

Latest resources

Back