• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA snubs AMFA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NWA pension will be a soft or hard freeze as legislation is finalized. Biggest item remaining in negotiations is how to handle medical retirements and disability coverage. New formula has me with 18 years getting 43% of current FAE with no increase to FAE my last 11 years. In todays dollars if I were 60 I would get about 23% less. And then will have 11 years of defined contributions to the 401K. Percentage being negotiated, guessing 8-12% targeted plan based on age and years of service. Will be decent totals but not what it once was.

320AV8R is right on the mark. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. NWA ALPA tried to get all the unions to work together, look at the books together, and approach the company TOGETHER with a package that would save the airline and the vast majority of the union membership interests. Now that AMFA has given the rest of the unions and the company the finger, why should ALPA support AMFA and risk the liquidation scenario seen in Atlanta 14 years ago?

"We got a learning disability here?"

James Earl Jones in Field of Dreams

miles otoole said:
http://www.amfa33.org/whale_nose_gear805.htm

I am wondering why the AMFA put trophy pics of the 747 Guam nose gear collapse on its website when AMFA doesn't even perform maintenance on this whale (it's done in SIN).

A product of sh!tty outsourced maintenance. I would believe that was their point.

I have a question for NWA pilots..

If you show up at the post office and you see that the letter carries are on strike and picketting the post office...Do you still go in and buy stamps?

320AV8R said:
Do you think the NWA pilots can somehow STOP this spiral ? (We won't mention the record high price of fuel, the anti-union Administration, or the downward pressure on wages by CH 11 carriers and the LCCS.....)

320AV8R

The AMT's seem to be the only ones who may stop their spiral, by refusing to accept the NWA wages. I don't see anyone else who walked over the wages NWA wanted. So far the AMT's are the only ones who can say they tried to stop the downward spiral, and it may cost them their jobs, but other AMT's in the industry will owe them for being the ones that stood up to the plate.

So far the AMT's are the only ones who can say they tried to stop the downward spiral, and it may cost them their jobs....
Did they stop it ? Seems like they might have accelerated it.

--100% of their members took a 100% paycut....as opposed to...

--55% of them taking a 25% cut, and 45% of them taking a 100% cut. A six month's severance package, including wages, health care, and travel benefits was offered to the furloughees. Somehow that seems better, allowing time to find other employment, as opposed to nothing.

but other AMT's in the industry will owe them for being the ones that stood up to the plate
I'm confused. Sure, they'll be recognized as the ones who "fell on their swords"; but their "contribution" is nil. What other group can use their actions to secure a better Labor Agreement ?

320AV8R

320AV8R said:
What other group can use their actions to secure a better Labor Agreement ?

None. That is why, if at all posssible, unions need to back other unions.

Another shamefull display by ALPA. Does it ever end?

320AV8R said:
Did they stop it ? Seems like they might have accelerated it.

--100% of their members took a 100% paycut....as opposed to...

--55% of them taking a 25% cut, and 45% of them taking a 100% cut. A six month's severance package, including wages, health care, and travel benefits was offered to the furloughees. Somehow that seems better, allowing time to find other employment, as opposed to nothing.

I'm confused. Sure, they'll be recognized as the ones who "fell on their swords"; but their "contribution" is nil. What other group can use their actions to secure a better Labor Agreement ?

320AV8R

Your last name wouldnt happen to be Steenland, would it?

Boeingman said:
None. That is why, if at all posssible, unions need to back other unions.

Another shamefull display by ALPA. Does it ever end?

See post number 19 in this thread.

320AV8R

Latest resources

Back