• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA recruiting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you want the benefits of a union, you need to join and pay dues. No sympathy for the freeloaders and non-members. We've been publishing the same kind of list at AirTran for years now.

I don't take issue with publishing the names of those with delinquent accounts but you go on the same list just for not wanting to join the union, even if you've paid your dues. It seems a little heavy handed. I've spent years volunteering as a member of an ALPA committee and appreciate to work of those in the union but don't see this as the way to increase membership.

Last edited:
Will Henry Ford hire thugs to break union knee caps? Both sides have sins, Yip. Historically, management antics have been a bit more effective and violent.
As I have stated many times, neither organizations are candidates for sainthood

Will they find there tires flat in the crew lot, kinda like the UAW did at Willow Run during WWII to encourage membership?

I've never heard of any flat tires at our property. Not that I would care, though. I don't spend a whole lot of time sympathizing with freeloading scumbags.

I don't take issue with publishing the names of those with delinquent accounts but you go on the same list just for not wanting to join the union, even if you've paid your dues.

I actually have a bigger problem with the non-members than I do with the delinquent accounts. Lots of members get on the delinquent account list by mistake (companies don't take out the right amount of money and the member doesn't realize that he needs to pay the bill; errors is dues checkoff not being processed by the company; etc.). But someone being a non-member? That's a choice, not a mistake. Again, no sympathy. Join and pay your dues.

I actually have a bigger problem with the non-members than I do with the delinquent accounts. Lots of members get on the delinquent account list by mistake (companies don't take out the right amount of money and the member doesn't realize that he needs to pay the bill; errors is dues checkoff not being processed by the company; etc.). But someone being a non-member? That's a choice, not a mistake. Again, no sympathy. Join and pay your dues.

Are you drunk? ALPA national has been running around sanctioning concessionary contracts while companies have been raking in the profits. ALPA is signing its own death certificate with this crap. You may still be breastfeeding off of L.M. but the rest of us have had it with the needless givebacks.

Are you drunk? ALPA national has been running around sanctioning concessionary contracts while companies have been raking in the profits. ALPA is signing its own death certificate with this crap. You may still be breastfeeding off of L.M. but the rest of us have had it with the needless givebacks.

You must be confused. No one thinks less of Lee Moak than I do. I'm ashamed of what ALPA has become under his watch, especially where the regionals are concerned. But a union is more than one man. Throw out Moak. Not ALPA.

I've never heard of any flat tires at our property. Not that I would care, though. I don't spend a whole lot of time sympathizing with freeloading scumbags.

I'll bet you're the first one screaming bloody murder when your tires are slashed because YOU didn't support something with which YOU disagreed - i.e., decertification, teamsters, in-house union, etc.

Regional pilots will never have a majority of the Association so change from within is unlikely.

Declaration of Independence said:
--That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Latest resources

Back