• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA recruiting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll bet you're the first one screaming bloody murder when your tires are slashed because YOU didn't support something with which YOU disagreed - i.e., decertification, teamsters, in-house union, etc.

If you don't want to join and pay dues to a union, then don't go to work at a union airline. But if you do go to work at one, pay up and join. No sympathy.

publishing the list would be a form a retailiation which is illegal under state and federal law. Pray that they publish your name - and sue them. . .

It's perfectly legal, and done at other carriers. Get over it.

Isn't a union just a legalized version of the mafia? I've heard nothing but grief and uselessness from ALPA, APA, etc.

I'm curious as to why pilots pay their hard earned money into these mafias. Don't they want to use that money for their families and/or their own lives?

It's very puzzling.

Because we are not covered by labor laws. Without negotiating we would have our days off away from home, 24 hours off a week and have no advocacy when making operational decisions concerning safety and legality that conflict with the company's priorities. The non-union companies that do have good employee relations only do it to keep unions off the property or to attract labor.

alpa has been a necessary evil, that will lose its membership if it doesn't begin some real advocacy.

Isn't a union just a legalized version of the mafia?

I wish. The mafia is pretty effective. ALPA under the current leadership? Not so much.

Isn't a union just a legalized version of the mafia?
I wish. The mafia is pretty effective. ALPA under the current leadership? Not so much.

Remarkable to read a serving ALPA Exec Vice President wishing for organized crime tactics to be officially employed by ALPA. And it looks like one of the EVP capos is pissed at the capo di tutti capi.

"Union Thug" is exactly right.

Hey, don't be mistaken; thug tactics are SOP against guys who don't toe the line.

Nice spin, but not what I said.

Latest resources

Back