ALPA recruiting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dutch

Just curious if I'm the only person who disagrees with this. My ALPA carrier is going to start publishing the names of non-members. The MEC chair explained to me that this will include individuals who are current on on their *dues" but choose not to be a part of the club. Seems a little bullyish. The union has their contact info and could communicate with these individuals directly but sees this list as a better way to increase membership. I don't really care for the method.

Its a childish stunt if you ask me.

How does being based in a Right to work state, like Michigan effect the ability of the union to collect dues? I see a lawsuit coming.

How does being based in a Right to work state, like Michigan effect the ability of the union to collect dues? I see a lawsuit coming.

State laws are overridden by federal laws like the RLA. So-called "right-to-work" laws don't apply at unionized carriers.

Just curious if I'm the only person who disagrees with this. My ALPA carrier is going to start publishing the names of non-members. The MEC chair explained to me that this will include individuals who are current on on their *dues" but choose not to be a part of the club. Seems a little bullyish. The union has their contact info and could communicate with these individuals directly but sees this list as a better way to increase membership. I don't really care for the method.

If you want the benefits of a union, you need to join and pay dues. No sympathy for the freeloaders and non-members. We've been publishing the same kind of list at AirTran for years now.

If you want the benefits of a union, you need to join and pay dues. No sympathy for the freeloaders and non-members. We've been publishing the same kind of list at AirTran for years now.
Will they find there tires flat in the crew lot, kinda like the UAW did at Willow Run during WWII to encourage membership?

Will they find there tires flat in the crew lot, kinda like the UAW did at Willow Run during WWII to encourage membership?

Will Henry Ford hire thugs to break union knee caps? Both sides have sins, Yip. Historically, management antics have been a bit more effective and violent.

Latest resources

Back